From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
He played with Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers in the early 1980s and in Tony Williams's quintet in the mid-1980s to early 1990s. He also has released numerous CDs for which he is the band leader.
- Live at Montreux and Northsea (Timeless, 1980)
- Art Blakey in Sweden (Amigo, 1981)
- Album of the Year (Timeless, 1981)
- Straight Ahead (Concord Jazz, 1981)
- Keystone 3 (Concord Jazz, 1982)
- Oh-By the Way (Timeless, 1982)
With Tony Williams
- Civilization (Blue Note, 1987)
- Angel Street (Blue Note, 1988)
- Native Heart (Blue Note, 1990)
- The Story of Neptune (Blue Note, 1992)
- Tokyo Live (Blue Note, 1992)
- Yanow, Scott (2006-12-11). "Bill Pierce: Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 2010-07-05.
- Kelman, John (2006-12-11). "Tony Williams: Mosaic Select 24". All About Jazz. Retrieved 2010-07-05.
- Small, Mark. "Berklee Beat: Faculty Profile - Bill Pierce". Berklee. Archived from the original on 27 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-05.
- "Faculty Biography: Bill Pierce". Berklee. Archived from the original on 15 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-05.
|This article about a jazz saxophonist from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|