From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For other people named Bill Pierce, see Bill Pierce (disambiguation).
He played with Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers in the early 1980s and in Tony Williams's quintet in the mid-1980s to early 1990s. He also has released numerous CDs for which he is the band leader.
- Live at Montreux and Northsea (Timeless, 1980)
- Art Blakey in Sweden (Amigo, 1981)
- Album of the Year (Timeless, 1981)
- Straight Ahead (Concord Jazz, 1981)
- Keystone 3 (Concord Jazz, 1982)
- Oh-By the Way (Timeless, 1982)
With Tony Williams
- Civilization (Blue Note, 1987)
- Angel Street (Blue Note, 1988)
- Native Heart (Blue Note, 1990)
- The Story of Neptune (Blue Note, 1992)
- Tokyo Live (Blue Note, 1992)
- Yanow, Scott (2006-12-11). "Bill Pierce: Biography". Allmusic. Retrieved 2010-07-05.
- Kelman, John (2006-12-11). "Tony Williams: Mosaic Select 24". All About Jazz. Retrieved 2010-07-05.
- Small, Mark. "Berklee Beat: Faculty Profile - Bill Pierce". Berklee. Archived from the original on 27 May 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-05.
- "Faculty Biography: Bill Pierce". Berklee. Archived from the original on 15 July 2010. Retrieved 2010-07-05.
|This article about a jazz saxophonist from the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|