From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not to be confused with Billard.
|Look up billiard or billiards in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Billiard or billiards may refer to:
- A billiard, a type of shot in cue sports (see below)
- Billiards: cue sports in general, including pool, carom billiards, snooker, etc.; the term "billiards" by itself is also sometimes used to refer to any of the following more specifically:
- Carom billiards (also known as French billiards) games in general (a chiefly non-British usage)
- Three-cushion billiards even more specifically, the most popular form of carom billiards worldwide (the most common specific usage)
- The specific game of English billiards (a chiefly British, Irish and Australian usage)
- Pool (pocket billiards) games, such as eight-ball and nine-ball, in general (a chiefly colloquial North American usage)
- Electric billiards, an obsolete term for pinball (from billard électrique in French, in which pinball is today called flipper, a borrowing from English)
- Billiard, the long-scale name used in most European languages (chiefly French, Spanish, German and Dutch) for the number 1015 in mathematics (called "quadrillion" in the short scale generally used in English).
- Dynamical billiards, the mathematical theory of particle trajectories within a closed reflective boundary, in theoretical physics (contrast this mass noun with the count noun "dynamical billiard", below).
- A dynamical billiard, any of several systems of particle trajectories within a closed reflective boundary.
- Harry Billiard (1883–1923), Major League Baseball pitcher
- Bobbi Billiard, an American glamour and swimwear model
- Maria Duchêne-Billiard (1884-?), French contralto of the Metropolitan Opera
- Cora Billiard Wickham Sibley (née Billiard, 1884–1976), American painter, and wife of Robert Pelton Sibley
- List of cue sports for various other games with "billiards" in their names (pin billiards, etc.)
- Bar billiards, a game combining elements of bagatelle and English billiards
- Billiards World Cup Association, a governing body for carom billiards
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.