BloodRayne: The Third Reich
|BloodRayne: The Third Reich|
|Directed by||Uwe Boll|
|Produced by||Uwe Boll
|Written by||Michael Nachoff|
|Based on||BloodRayne series
by Majesco and Terminal Reality
|Music by||Jessica de Rooij|
|Edited by||Karen Porter|
Boll Kino Beteiligungs GmbH & Co. KG
|Distributed by||Phase 4 Films|
BloodRayne: The Third Reich is a direct-to-DVD action-adventure horror film written by Michael Nachoff and directed by Uwe Boll, set in 1943 Europe during World War II and starring Natassia Malthe as dhamphir Rayne and Michael Paré as vampire Nazi officer Ekart Brand. It was bought by Phase 4 Films at the American Film Market on November 5, 2010 and released on DVD and Blu-ray on July 5, 2011 in the United States. It is the third BloodRayne film and a sequel to BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2: Deliverance, also directed by Boll. It is the second BloodRayne film to star Malthe after BloodRayne 2: Deliverance. Paré, who played Iancu in BloodRayne and Pat Garrett in BloodRayne 2: Deliverance, plays yet another character in this film. Boll, who is already planning a sequel, shot BloodRayne: The Third Reich simultaneously with Blubberella, with both films sharing some of the same actors, including Michael Paré, Clint Howard, Brendan Fletcher and Willam Belli.
Rayne fights against the Nazis in Europe during World War II, encountering Ekart Brand, a Nazi leader whose target is to inject Adolf Hitler with Rayne's blood in an attempt to transform him into a dhampir and attain immortality.
- Natassia Malthe as Rayne
- Michael Paré as Ekart Brand
- Brendan Fletcher as Nathaniel
- Clint Howard as Doctor Mangler (a play on Dr. Mengele)
- Willam Belli as Vasyl Tishenko
- Natalia Guslistaya as Sniper Natalia
- Annett Culp as Magda Marković
- Steffen Mennekes as Lt. Kaspar Jaeger
- Arved Birnbaum - Director
- Safiya Kaygin as Svetlana Koerk
- Nik Goldman as Bartender
- Vjekoslav Katusin as German Soldier
- Goran Manić as Boris
- Fabrice Colson as Partisan
- Petar Benčić as Driver
Boll has originally planned to begin filming in Croatia in 2008 under the title BloodRayne 3: Warhammer, but it was later announced that filming would begin January 2010. In February 2010 the title was changed to BloodRayne: The Third Reich and shooting began in Zagreb, Croatia with Natassia Malthe and Michael Paré in the lead roles. Some speculation has it that a tie in to the video game Nocturne is present through the character Svetlana who is a rumored vampire in a video post on YouTube.
Michael Paré has appeared in all three films in the Bloodrayne franchise, but as different characters; Iancu, Pat Garrett and, Commandant Ekart Brand respectively.
Like the previous BloodRayne films, BloodRayne: The Third Reich received mostly negative reviews from critics. Main criticisms were towards the acting, script and Boll's direction.
- Griffin McElroy, "Uwe Boll is adapting everyone's favorite video game, Bloodrayne 3," Joystiq (November 22, 2009).
- Muskelpaket beeindruckte Regisseur: Uwe Boll gibt Dovsek größere Rolle – Der Westen.de
- Destructoid – Uwe Boll making ANOTHER BloodRayne movie
- "Uwe Boll: Bloodrayne 3: Warhammer Shooting in January". 2009-11-04. Retrieved 2009-11-07.
- Michael Pare Official Blog | movie – Bloodrayne: The Third Reich
- News: Bloodrayne: The Third Reich – Dr. Mengele als Filmbösewicht
- Bloodrayne: The Third Reich (aka Bloodrayne 3: Warhammer) – MICHAEL PARE -THE OFFICIAL MICHAEL PARE FAN CLUB WEBSITE
- Owen Good, "Let's Hope This Doesn't Confirm a Bloodrayne Game Sequel," Kotaku (November 22, 2009).