Blue Tea Games
Blue Tea Games is a casual computer games development studio, founded on January 24, 2003 by Steven Zhao.
Blue Tea Games
A typical Dark Parables game is a puzzle- and FROG-driven retelling of a popular fairy tale. A FROG (Fragmented Object Game) involves searching for fragmented parts of an object within a scene. Once all are located, the fragments self-assemble into a working object that can be used in a puzzle elsewhere in accordance with the narrative story.
Blue Tea Games launched a new series Macabre Mysteries in 2011 with a focus on the supernatural/horror aspect of an urban mystery. The company's biggest commercial success in 2007 was Forgotten Riddles: The Mayan Princess, which reached #1 on the Big Fish Games portal.
- Cactus Bruce and the Corporate Monkeys (2004)
- Teddy Tavern: A Culinary Adventure (2007)
- Forgotten Lands: First Colony (2008)
- Macabre Mysteries: Curse of the Nightingale (2011)
- Fabled Legends: The Dark Piper (2012)
- Enchantia: Wrath of the Phoenix Queen (2013)
- Cursery: The Crooked Man and The Crooked Cat (2013)
Forgotten Riddles series
- Forgotten Riddles: The Mayan Princess (2007)
The Mayan Princess is a HOG (hidden object game) that features a story, set during 16th century, around the fate of a Mayan royal family.
As part of game play, a list of items for the player to find is usually presented in form of a riddle. For example, "You'll find I mark time with no tick and no tock; It's with sand that I mimic a modern day clock". The player will eventually realise it refers to an hourglass, which can be taken as a clue to advance through the game. According to a GameZebo interview, Interface Design Artist Shawn Seil had created exactly 1,500 riddles for this game.
- Forgotten Riddles: The Moonlight Sonatas (2008)
Dark Parables series
- Dark Parables: Curse of Briar Rose (2010)
- Dark Parables: The Exiled Prince (2011)
- Dark Parables: Rise of the Snow Queen (2011)
- Dark Parables: The Red Riding Hood Sisters (2012)
- Dark Parables: The Final Cinderella (2013)
- Dark Parables: Jack and the Sky Kingdom (2014)
- Dark Parables: The Ballad of Rapunzel (2014)
- Dark Parables: The Little Mermaid and the Purple Tide (2014)
- Enlightenus (2009)
- Enlightenus II: The Timeless Tower (2010)
- "Interview with Steven Zhao, Blue Tea Games". gamezebo.com. Retrieved 2012-07-25.
- Brodie, Joel (2007-09-19). "Interview with Steven Zhao, Blue Tea Games". Gamezebo.com. Retrieved 2012-07-25.
- Saltzman, Marc (2007-09-14). "Forgotten Riddles: The Mayan Princess Review". Gamezebo.com. Retrieved 2012-07-25.