|• Body||Bokajan Town Committee|
|• LOCAL M.P.||Biren Singh Engti|
|Elevation||138 m (453 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Bokajan (IPA: ˈbəʊkəˌdʒɑːn) is a town and a town area committee in Karbi Anglong district in the state of Assam, India. Merely 15 km from Dimapur partially it borders Assam and Nagaland. Cement Corporation of India (C.C.I), Bokajan, is one of the 3 functional unit out of a total of 10 units of cement industries in India,which are fully owned by the Central Govt. of India, is located in the Town.
Bokajan is located at  It has an average elevation of 138 metres (452 feet)..
As of 2011[update] India census, Bokajan had a population of 19,936. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Bokajan has an average literacy rate of 86.77%, higher than the national average of 74.04%; with male literacy of 80% and female literacy of 68%. 12% of the population is under 6 years of age.
The bokajan cement factory is one of the 10 cement factories of Cement Corporation of India Limited (CCI) Annually, the plant produces around 1,98,000 MT per year by using the dry process of manufacture. The total area has the factory, the mining area and the township. The township consists of various civic amenities such as health centers, guest houses, bank, post office, telephone exchange and so on.
Some of the major school in the Town are :
- Shantiniketan English High School: a private school established in 2007. The founder principal and managing director is Mr. Indra Kumar Bhujel, a BSc(maths Hons.), M.A. in English. The school is based on the ideology of Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore, cultivating the appreciation of the value of education amongst the students. The school is the only private school that runs CCE fully based on CBSE patterns.
- Kendriya Vidyalaya: This is the first school based on CBSE pattern and run under the CCI project. The school was established on 22 December 1986 and is one of the oldest schools of CBSE in the state of Assam.
- Jin Baba Hindi High School: This school is located at the centre of the town. The only Hindi medium school and also one of the oldest school in Bokajan. This a Government affiliated school.
- Vidhya Sagar High School and Vidhya Sagar Junior College.
- Bokajan Higher Secondary School
- Sukhani English Medium School
- Radha Govinda High School: This is an English medium school, located in the heart of Bokajan Town. It's popularly know as RG.
- King David School, Khatkhati: This is an English school which was established in 1985 and is located in Khatkhati.
- Vivekananda HS School: This is a bengali medium school
- Pranab Vidyapith and Pranab Jublee college, Sukhanjan.
- Green Valley High School, Sukhanjan.
- Green Valley Junior College, Sukhanjan.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Bokajan
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "List of Parliamentary & Assembly Constituencies" (PDF). Assam. Election Commission of India. Retrieved 2008-10-05.
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (December 2012)|