|Directed by||Jamie Johnson|
|Produced by||Dirk Wittenborn|
Josiah Cheston Hornblower
S.I. Newhouse IV
Benjamin Luke Weil
|Music by||Joel Goodman|
|Edited by||Nick Kurzon
Johnson's maternal uncle, screenwriter and novelist Dirk Wittenborn, was credited with encouraging him to make a documentary about the experience of wealthy children. It was purchased by HBO. The documentary was nominated for two Emmy Awards including 'Outstanding Directing for Nonfiction Programming' for the director, Jamie Johnson. The other nomination was in the category 'Outstanding Nonfiction Special' for the producers: Sheila Nevins (executive producer), Dirk Wittenborn (produced by), and Jamie Johnson (producer).
The film was described as "a documentary on children of the insanely rich, directed by one of their own, Johnson & Johnson Inc. heir Jamie Johnson." It consists primarily of Johnson interviewing his friends and peers about the experience of living life free of financial constraints. These interviews are offset by Johnson's exploration of his own experience and family.
By the end of the film, Luke Weil became unhappy with his portrayal and sued unsuccessfully.
Born Rich features:
- Georgina Bloomberg — born to New York mayor and media mogul, Michael Bloomberg. Educated at New York University Gallatin School.
- Stephanie Ercklentz — born to New York corporate lawyer, Enno W. Ercklentz Jr. Graduated from Wellesley College.
- Christina Floyd — born to golf champion, Raymond Floyd. Graduated from Wake Forest University.
- Juliet Hartford — born to A&P heir, Huntington Hartford. Educated at Marymount College and Columbia University.
- Josiah Cheston Hornblower — born into Vanderbilt-Whitney lineage (as a great-grandson of Flora Payne Whitney). Graduated from Trinity College.
- Jamie Johnson — born to Johnson & Johnson heir, James L. Johnson. Graduated from New York University.
- S.I. Newhouse IV — born to Condé Nast Publications heir, Samuel Irving Newhouse III (son of Samuel Irving Newhouse, Jr.). Graduated from Haverford College.
- Ivanka Trump — born to real estate tycoon, Donald Trump. Graduated from Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
- Benjamin Luke Weil — born to Scientific Games Corporation Chairman & CEO, A. Lorne Weil. Graduated from Brown University and Columbia Business School.
- Cody Franchetti — born to Milliken & Co heir [clarification needed].
- Carlo von Zeitschel — born to a German baron father and to an Italian viscountess mother.
Ten years after the release of the film a reporter followed up on the persons featured.
- Chaplin, Julia (October 12, 2003). "Biting the Silver Spoon That Feeds Him, on Film". New York Times. Retrieved February 19, 2012.
- Morgan, Laura (February 27, 2012). "Uptown Girl". Modern Luxury. Retrieved July 25, 2012.
- "Stephanie Ercklentz, Chase Coleman". New York Times. January 16, 2005. Retrieved July 25, 2012.
- "Christina Loran Floyd, Emmanuel Di Donna". Palm Beach Daily News. June 5, 2010. Retrieved July 25, 2012.
- Worth, Robert F. (November 20, 2003). "PUBLIC LIVES; Embracing a Father's Creation, if Not His Tastes". New York Times. Retrieved July 25, 2012.
- "Jocelyn Hunter, Josiah Hornblower". New York Times. September 9, 2007. Retrieved July 25, 2012.
- "S.I. Newhouse IV Settles Down". Gawker. May 5, 2009. Retrieved July 25, 2012.
- "Ivanka Trump Weds Jared Kushner". New York Times. October 24, 2009. Retrieved July 25, 2012.
- Pow, Helen (22 October 2013). "Jamie Johnson documentary: A decade after Johnson & Johnson heir lifted the lid on growing up with millions for an HBO documentary that got him sued, MailOnline looks at what the film's precocious stars are doing now". dailymail.co.uk. Retrieved 17 March 2014.