In Slovenia, there are more than 3,500 people with the surname Božič, and more than 500 with the surname Božić (most of them are of Croatian or Serbian origin, since the letter "ć" doesn't exist in the Slovenian alphabet). It is the 13th most common surname in Slovenia. However, there are important regional differences: while it is the 2nd most common surname in the Lower Sava Region, and the 4th most common surname in the Kras and Slovenian Istria, it is extremely rare in eastern Slovenia. Around 54% of Slovenians with this surname live in Carniola, around 28% in the Slovenian Littoral, and around 13% in Slovenian Styria.
- Darijan Božič, Slovenian composer and conductor
- Dobrivoje Božić, Serbian inventor
- Stjepan Božić, Croatian boxer
- Stipe Božić, Croatian mountain climber
- Željko Božić, Serbian stuntman and actor
- Borut Božič, Slovenian professional road racing cyclist
- Robert Bozic, Canadian boxer, son of Dobrivoje Božić
- Igor Božić, Serbian footballer born 1987
- Ivan Božić, Bosnian-Croat footballer born 1983
- Mario Božić, Bosnia and Herzegovina international footballer born 1983
- Marko Božič, Slovenian international footballer born 1984
- Mile Božić, Croatian footballer born 1981
- Tomislav Božić, Croatian footballer born 1987
- "Names and surnames in Republic of Croatia". Census of Population, Households and Dwellings 2011. Zagreb: Croatian Bureau of Statistics. December 2012. Retrieved 2013-09-08.
|This page or section lists people with the surname Božić. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|