Bridge and Roof Company (India)
|Type||Public Sector Undertaking|
|Key people||Shri M.K. Singh, Director (Project Management)|
|Employees||1,800 (Approx.) permanent and 10,000 (Approx.) temporary|
Established in 1920, Bridge and Roof has since come under the administrative control of the Department of Heavy Industry, Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, Government of India.
BRIDGE & ROOF CO. (INDIA) LTD. (B&R) has grown into a multi-disciplinary Engineering and Construction organisation in the country. The Company has been in the field of construction for past eighty-eight years during which it has served almost all the major Project Implementation Authorities in the country both in Public and Private Sectors.
With the present turnover of 13277 million (US$220 million) (2010–11) (Unaudited Provisional) and an average annual growth rate of around 15% since last five years, BRIDGE & ROOF has work shop facilities at its Howrah Works (W.B)
– Inception in 1920 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd., Kolkata.
– A public sector undertaking since 1972 under the Ministry of Petroleum & Natural Gas, Government of India.
– B&R came under the administrative control of DHI in 1986 (with M/s. BYNL as holding company from 1987 to May 2008).
– Presently under Ministry of Heavy Industries and Public Enterprises, Department of Heavy Industry (DHI), Government of India
– B&R has been awarded 'MINIRATNA' Category-I status on 21 Sep 2010 by Government of India
– B&R awarded 'Turnaround CPSE Award 2010' by BRPSE on 10 March 2011.
MAJOR WORK GROUPS AND AREAS OF OPERATION
I) HOWRAH WORKS
• Manufacture of Railway Wagons, Bailey Type Unit Bridge, Marine Freight Containers, Bunk Houses, etc.
• Manufacturing of Pot Shells for Aluminium Smelters
• Fabrication of Structural Steel Work, Railway Bridge Girders.
• Design and detailing facilities.
• Fabrication of pressure vessels & heat exchangers.
• Industrial & High-rise Buildings & Building Complex.
• All types of foundations
• Well foundations for River Bridges
• Roads & Highways
• Prilling Towers & Chimneys
• Airport Terminal Building & Runways
• Storage Silos (Parabolic & Vertical)
• Rail & Road Bridges in RCC & Prestressed Concrete
• Composite Stadium cum Sports Complex& Swimming Pool etc.
• Light, Medium and Heavy Structural Steel Works
• Railway and Road Bridges
• All type of Storage Tanks
• Installation of Boiler with all associated activity for Power Plant
• Laying of Cross Country Pipeline including HDD for Crossings
• Vessels, Heaters, Steel Chimneys
• Manufacturing of Pot Super Structure for Aluminium Smelters.
• All types of Piping and Equipment Erection Work in off-sites.
• Coal Gas Storage and Handling Complex,
• Non-ferrous Metal Plants,
• Cooling Towers, Oil Storage & Handling Terminals
• Fire Protection System
• Refinery Heaters
• Process Plants / Units for Refineries & Petrochemicals
• Water Treatment Plant / Water Supply system
In keeping with its modernisation scheme the company has installed computer facilities and have developed the following EDP systems:
• Management information systems
• Planning & Monitoring of Project work through Primavera Project Planner and Microsoft project
• Analysis of costs and estimates
• Market Information
• Personnel Data Bank
• Plant and Machinery Data Bank including control on movement / deployment
• Financial Accounting, Budget Analysis etc.
• Structural Designing & Drawing using STAAD PRO & Auto CAD.
AVERAGE PROJECTED CAPABILITY
Civil : 5500 million (US$89 million) per annum
Mechanical : 6500 million (US$110 million) per annum
EPC Contract : 700 million (US$11 million) per annum
Others : 1500 million (US$24 million) per annum
Apart from Networking facilities available at all offices, the Company is in the process of implementing Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) for linking various offices and project sites through online facilities.