|Traded as||NYSE: EAT|
|Predecessor(s)||Chili's Grill & Bar
(Chili's Grill & Bar)
Norman E. Brinker
(Brinker International, Inc.)
|Headquarters||6820 LBJ Freeway
Dallas, Texas, U.S. 75240
|Number of locations||1,579 restaurants (2011)|
|Key people||Douglas H. Brooks,
Wyman T. Roberts,
|Revenue|| US$ 2.82 billion
|Operating income|| US$ 209 million
|Net income|| US$ 151.232 million
|Total assets|| US$ 1.436 billion
|Total equity|| US$ 309.873 million
|Subsidiaries||Chili's Grill & Bar
Maggiano's Little Italy
Brinker International, Inc. (or simply Brinker) is a multinational hospitality industry company that owns the Chili's Grill & Bar and Maggiano's Little Italy restaurant chains. The company headquarters reside in Dallas, Texas and they operate 1,579 restaurants worldwide.
Brinker International Inc. is one of the world's leading casual dining restaurant companies. Founded in 1975 and based in Dallas, Texas, Brinker currently owns, operates, or franchises 1,593 restaurants under the names Chili's Grill & Bar (1,549 restaurants) and Maggiano's Little Italy (44 restaurants). 
- 1975: Larry Lavine opens the first Chili's Grill & Bar in Dallas, Texas.
- 1976: The company is renamed Chili's, Inc..
- 1983: Norman E. Brinker takes over Chili's, Inc. and takes the company public.
- 1988: The first Romano's Macaroni Grill opens in Leon Springs, Texas.
- 1991: Chili's, Inc. is renamed Brinker International, Inc. (Brinker).
- 1992: Brinker reaches an agreement with Pac-Am Food Concepts to expand the Chili's brand to the Far East.
- 1995: Brinker establishes a strategic partnership with Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises. In August, the company completed the acquisition of Maggiano's.
- 2000: Norman Brinker steps down as company chairman.
- 2005: Brinker announces international expansion plans. Brinker also sells off the Corner Bakery Cafe concept.
- 2008: In December, Brinker sells a majority stake of Romano's Macaroni Grill to Mac Acquisition LLC, an affiliate of Golden Gate Capital.
- 2009: Norman Brinker passes away on June 9.
- 2010: In June, Brinker sells On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina to OTB Acquisition LLC, also an affiliate of Golden Gate Capital.
- 2012: In May, the Supreme Court of California issued its much-awaited decision in Brinker Restaurant Corp. v. Superior Court. The Brinker decision was a rare "win" for employers in California and gave important guidance to employers regarding meal breaks, rest periods and class certification.
- 2013: Feb07, 2013, a recognized leader in casual dining, announces the election of Wyman Roberts to its Board of Directors.Roberts currently serves as CEO and President of Brinker International, and President of Chili's® Grill & Bar. Roberts' Brinker tenure includes his role as President of Chili's since 2009, where he has been responsible for a dramatic re-energizing of almost every aspect of one of America's iconic restaurant brands. Previously, Roberts also served as Brinker's Chief Marketing Officer and President of the Maggiano's Little Italy® brand. 
Brinker International owns, operates and franchises the Chili's Grill & Bar and Maggiano's Little Italy restaurant concepts. They also have a minority stake in Mac Acquisition LLC; the owners of Romano's Macaroni Grill as of 2008.
Former restaurants that the company has operated include:
- Big Bowl Asian Kitchen
- Corner Bakery Cafe
- Cozymel's Mexican Grill
- Flyer's Island Express
- Grady's American Grill
- On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
- Rockfish Seafood Grill
- Taco Cabana
See also 
- "Brinker International, Form 10-K, Annual Report, Filing Date Aug 27, 2012". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Feb 13, 2013.
- Brinker International, Inc. (June 29, 2011). "FY 2011 10-K". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- Brinker International, Inc. (June 29, 2011). "2011 Annual Report to Shareholders". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- "Brinker International, Form 8-K, Current Report, Filing Date Feb 8, 2013". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Feb 13, 2013.
- "For Investors, Corporate Profile". Brinker International, Inc. 2011. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- "California Supreme Court Issues Employer-Friendly Decision On Employee Breaks and Class Status". The National Law Review. Much Shelist, P.C. 2012-06-03. Retrieved 2012-06-04.