|Traded as||NYSE: EAT|
|Predecessor(s)||Chili's Grill & Bar
(Chili's Grill & Bar)
Norman E. Brinker
(Brinker International, Inc.)
|Headquarters||6820 LBJ Freeway
Dallas, Texas, U.S. 75240
|Number of locations||1,579 restaurants (2011)|
|Key people||Douglas H. Brooks,
Wyman T. Roberts,
Director Of Operations UAE/OMAN
|Revenue|| US$ 2.82 billion
|Operating income|| US$ 209 million
|Net income|| US$ 151.232 million
|Total assets|| US$ 1.436 billion
|Total equity|| US$ 309.873 million
|Subsidiaries||Chili's Grill & Bar
Maggiano's Little Italy
Brinker International, Inc. (or simply Brinker) is a multinational hospitality industry company that owns the Chili's Grill & Bar and Maggiano's Little Italy restaurant chains. Founded in 1975 and based in Dallas, Texas, Brinker currently owns, operates, or franchises 1,593 restaurants under the names Chili's Grill & Bar (1,549 restaurants) and Maggiano's Little Italy (44 restaurants) worldwide. 
- 1975: Larry Lavine opens the first Chili's Grill & Bar in Dallas, Texas.
- 1976: The company is renamed Chili's, Inc..
- 1983: Norman E. Brinker takes over Chili's, Inc. and takes the company public.
- 1988: The first Romano's Macaroni Grill opens in Leon Springs, Texas.
- 1991: Chili's, Inc. is renamed Brinker International, Inc. (Brinker).
- 1992: Brinker reaches an agreement with Pac-Am Food Concepts to expand the Chili's brand to the Far East.
- 1995: Brinker establishes a strategic partnership with Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises. In August, the company completed the acquisition of Maggiano's.
- 2000: Norman Brinker steps down as company chairman.
- 2005: Brinker announces international expansion plans. Brinker also sells off the Corner Bakery Cafe concept.
- 2008: In December, Brinker sells a majority stake of Romano's Macaroni Grill to Mac Acquisition LLC, an affiliate of Golden Gate Capital.
- 2009: Norman Brinker passes away on June 9.
- 2010: In June, Brinker sells On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina to OTB Acquisition LLC, also an affiliate of Golden Gate Capital.
- 2012: In May, the Supreme Court of California issued its much-awaited decision in Brinker Restaurant Corp. v. Superior Court. The Brinker decision gave important guidance to employers regarding meal breaks, rest periods and class certification.
- 2013: On February 7, 2013, Brinker announced the election of Wyman Roberts to its Board of Directors. Roberts currently serves as CEO and President of Brinker International, and President of Chili's® Grill & Bar. Roberts' Brinker tenure includes his role as President of Chili's since 2009. Previously, Roberts also served as Brinker's Chief Marketing Officer and President of the Maggiano's Little Italy® brand. 
Brinker International owns, operates and franchises the Chili's Grill & Bar and Maggiano's Little Italy restaurant concepts. They also have a minority stake in Mac Acquisition LLC; the owners of Romano's Macaroni Grill as of 2008.
Former restaurants that the company has operated include:
- Big Bowl Asian Kitchen
- Corner Bakery Cafe
- Cozymel's Mexican Grill
- Flyer's Island Express
- Grady's American Grill
- On the Border Mexican Grill & Cantina
- Rockfish Seafood Grill
- Taco Cabana
- "Brinker International, Form 10-K, Annual Report, Filing Date Aug 27, 2012". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Feb 13, 2013.
- Brinker International, Inc. (June 29, 2011). "FY 2011 10-K". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- Brinker International, Inc. (June 29, 2011). "2011 Annual Report to Shareholders". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- "Brinker International, Form 8-K, Current Report, Filing Date Feb 8, 2013". secdatabase.com. Retrieved Feb 13, 2013.
- "For Investors, Corporate Profile". Brinker International, Inc. 2011. Retrieved April 17, 2012.
- "California Supreme Court Issues Employer-Friendly Decision On Employee Breaks and Class Status". The National Law Review. Much Shelist, P.C. 2012-06-03. Retrieved 2012-06-04.