Bulk Copy Program
Bulk Copy Program (BCP) is a command-line tool used to import or export data against a Microsoft SQL Server or Sybase database. The tool is often more efficient than more recent GUI-based applications, such as DTS, to import and extract data.
Some common uses of BCP are:
- Stage a raw text file in a table for further data scrubbing.
- Create a delimited or fixed-width file for exchange with another party.
- Backup data from a database vendor specific format, to a common text format.
- Oracle uses SQL*LOADER
- DB2 uses the LOAD/EXPORT commands
- MySQL uses LOAD DATA INFILE.
- PostgreSQL uses COPY command
- "Microsoft SQL Server bcp Utility". Microsoft. April 2010.
- "MySQL 5.1 LOAD DATA INFILE Documentation". Retrieved 2010-05-31.
- "PostgreSQL 8.1.21 Documentation". Retrieved 2010-05-31.
|This database software-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|