Cambrian–Ordovician extinction event
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Cambro-Ordovician extinction event)
The Cambrian–Ordovician extinction event occurred approximately 488 million years ago (m.y.a.). This early Phanerozoic Eon extinction event eliminated many brachiopods and conodonts, and severely reduced the number of trilobite species.
- End Botomian extinction event, circa 517 m.y.a.
- Dresbachian extinction event, circa 502 m.y.a.
- Geologic time scale
- Furongian, Late or Upper Cambrian period
- Early Ordovician period
- Gradstein, Felix, James Ogg, and Alan Smith, eds., 2004. A Geologic Time Scale 2004 (Cambridge University Press).
- Hallam, A. and Paul B. Wignall, 1997. Mass extinctions and their aftermath (Oxford University Press).
- Webby, Barry D. and Mary L. Droser, eds., 2004. The Great Ordovician Biodiversification Event (Columbia University Press).
|This paleontology article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|