Farb raised more than 1 million dollars for cancer research with a single gala (she is the first woman and first Texan to raise a million dollars in a single gala), helped to raise more than $3 million in one campaign for the University of Houston, and worked with other notable Houston celebrities to raise more than half a million dollars for tsunami relief.
Farb received an honorary Doctorate in Humanities from Northwood University in 2003.
She published her first children's book, Lucas Comes to America, in the summer of 2011.
- Carolyn Farb Papers, 1955-2002
- Leading Scientist in Neurofibromatosis-Related Cancer to be Featured in Carolyn Farb Endowed Lecture - M. D. Anderson Cancer Center
- "High Society in Houston," American Public Media
- Dr. Carolyn Farb Bio. carolynfarb.com
- Carolyn Farb: First Lady of Philanthropy. | Society, Social Assistance & Lifestyle > Philanthropy from AllBusiness.com. allbusiness.com
- Harris County Hospital District Bio of Carolyn Farb
|This Houston-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|