Carroll County Airport (Tennessee)
|Carroll County Airport|
|IATA: none – ICAO: KHZD – FAA LID: HZD|
|Owner||Carroll County, Tennessee|
|Elevation AMSL||497 ft / 151 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Carroll County Airport (ICAO: KHZD, FAA LID: HZD) is a county owned public-use airport in Carroll County, Tennessee, United States. It is located four nautical miles (4.6 mi, 7.4 km) northwest of the central business district of Huntingdon, Tennessee. The airport is included in the FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Carroll County Airport covers an area of 196 acres (79 ha) at an elevation of 497 feet (151 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 1/19 with an asphalt surface measuring 5,507 by 100 feet (1,679 x 30 m).
For the 12-month period ending June 18, 2009, the airport had 12,290 aircraft operations, an average of 33 per day: 99.6% general aviation and 0.4% air taxi. At that time there were 21 single-engine aircraft based at this airport.
- FAA Airport Master Record for HZD ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 30 June 2011.
- National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015: Appendix A (PDF, 2.03 MB). Federal Aviation Administration. Updated 4 October 2010.
- "Carroll County Airport (FAA: HZD, ICAO: KHZD)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved 12 July 2011.
- Carroll County (HZD) from Tennessee DOT Airport Directory
- Aerial photo as of 15 February 1997 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for HZD, effective September 18, 2014
- Resources for this airport: