|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Museums.|
|Universal Decimal||0 069|
A museum is a building or institution which houses and cares for a collection of artifacts and other objects of scientific, artistic, or historical importance and makes them available for public viewing through exhibits that may be permanent or temporary.
Modern museums concentrate on a particular subject or field, such as fine arts, applied arts, archaeology, anthropology, ethnology, history, cultural history, natural history, science and/or technology. Some specialize further, such as museums of modern art, local history, aviation history, agriculture, geology, etc.
||Pages in this category should be moved to subcategories where applicable.
This category may require frequent maintenance to avoid becoming too large. It should directly contain very few, if any, articles and should mainly contain subcategories.
This category has the following 29 subcategories, out of 29 total.
- ► Museum books (1 C, 11 P)
- ► Museum companies (19 P)
- ► Fictional museums (10 P)
- ► History of museums (2 C, 23 P)
- ► Museum informatics (3 C, 25 P)
- ► Museum organizations (4 C, 71 P)
- ► Museum stubs (10 C, 298 P)
- ► Wikipedia categories named after museums (101 C)