Murino at the Giffoni Film Festival in July 2010
15 September 1977 |
Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy
Caterina Murino (born 15 September 1977) is an Italian actress from Sardinia.
She was born in Cagliari, Sardinia, and initially wanted to be a doctor. She came fourth in the 1996 Miss Italy contest. Having moved to London, she fell in love with theatre and acting, saving up weekly to watch something in the West End theatre.
Returning to Italy, she studied drama at the Scuola di Cinema e Teatro run by Francesca De Sapio, between 1999 and 2000. She then appeared in stage productions of Richard III and Italian language plays. She began her career in television in 2002, and then gained international fame after playing Solange Dimitrios in the 2006 adaptation of the James Bond novel Casino Royale.
Selected filmography 
- Nowhere (2001)
- Il Regalo Di Anita (2002)
- L'Enquête Corse (2004)
- L'Amour Aux Trousses (2004)
- Eleonora d'Arborea (2005)
- Les Bronzés 3 : Amis pour la vie (2006)
- Vientos de agua (2006)
- Casino Royale (2006)
- St. Trinian's (2007)
- Il seme della discordia (2008)
- The Garden of Eden (2008)
- Alibi e sospetti (2008)
- XIII (2009)
- Zen (2011)
- Gary Susman (2006-08-08). "Solange, It's Been Good to Know You". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved 2008-03-22. "It's already been a rapid rise to stardom for the 28-year-old Murino..."
- Rodney Chester (2006-12-08). "Why I love Caterina". The Courier-Mail. Retrieved 2008-03-22.
- John Preston (2006-12-11). "The Royale Ascent". London: Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2008-03-22.
- Gordon, Jane (25 December 2010). "Caterina Murino: Meet the former Bond girl who's being hailed as the new Sophia Loren". London: Daily Mail. Retrieved 2010-12-27.
- "Caterina Murino page on MDOHMSS, unofficial italian 007 site". Libero. Retrieved 2012-06-06.
- 'Rufus Sewell's Zen axed by BBC' 22 February 2011, Digital Spy
- Bob Sinclar feat. Raffaella Carrà "Far l'Amore" music clip on YouTube