Celeste O. Norfleet
Celeste O. Norfleet was born and raised in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She attended public schools, then received her B.F.A. degree in fashion illustration from Moore College of Art and Design. She spent the next years deeply entrenched in the advertising world, first as a graphic artist and later as a creative art director.
In 1991 she moved to Northern Virginia and rediscovering her love of books. A few years later she picked up her first romance novel while at home with her young children. She quickly became a prolific romance reader and soon penned her first novel in 1999. Priceless Gift, her first romance novel, was sold to BET Books in 2001 and published March 2002. Priceless Gift began the Mamma Lou Matchmaker continuing series. Norfleet has since written over twenty novels.
In 2007 Harlequin Kimani TRU released Norfleet’s first young adult novel, Pushing Pause. Receiving rave reviews and continuing to sell out, The Kenisha Lewis Series is popular with teens and adults. The series continues with Fast Forward and Gettin’ Played.
Norfleet now devotes all of her time to writing and creating romance. Her romance novels, realistic with a touch of humor, depict strong sexy characters with unpredictable plots and exciting storylines. Her young adult novels delve into dramatic fiction, reflecting current issues facing African American teens.
Celeste continues to gain critical acclaim and stellar reviews, including nominations for The Rose Award, Romantic Times Bookclub Reviewer’s Choice Award and RSJ Author of the Year. Celeste currently writes for Harlequin’s Kimani Press Arabesque, Harlequin Kimani Romance and Kimani Press TRU (young adult) lines.
Celeste lives in Virginia with her husband and two teenagers.
- Priceless Gift, 2002
- A Christmas Wish, 2002
- Since Forever, 2003
- One Sure Thing, 2003, (featuring winner of the 2002 Arabesque Man cover contest)
- Reflections of You, 2004
- Irresistible You, 2004
- Only You, 2005
- The Fine Art of Love, 2005
- A Taste of Romance in Back In Your Arms (with Sandra Kitt and Deidre Savoy), 2006
- Love After All, 2007
- Following Love, 2008
- When Love Calls, 2008
- Sultry Storm, in Mother Nature Matchmaker (with Brenda Jackson and Carmen Green) 2009
- When It Feels So Right, 2009
- Love Me Now, 2009
- Cross My Heart, 2010
- Heart’s Choice, in Millionaire Matchmaker (with Donna Hill and Adrianne Byrd) 2010
- Flirting With Destiny, (Kimani Hottie Series) 2010
Young Adult Novels
- Pushing Pause, 2007
- She Said, She Said, 2008 (with Jennifer Norfleet)
- Fast Forward, 2009
Getting Played 2010
- Nominated - Rose Award, Since Forever 2003
- Nominated – Romantic Times Book – Reviewer’s Choice Award – Best African American Romance (2004)
- Nominated – Romantic Times Book – Career Achievement Award (2009)
- Nominated - Romance Slam Jam – Best Steamy Romance (2009)
- Nominated – Romantic Times Book - Author of The Year (2009)
- Finalist - YALSA - Quick Picks for Reluctant Readers List (2009)
- Official website