Challenger, Gray & Christmas
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2008)|
Challenger, Gray & Christmas, with headquarters located in Chicago, Illinois, is the oldest executive outplacement firm in the US. It has offices in 52 cities in the US and Canada, and has operations in Japan and Mexico. Its core business, finding jobs for laid-off executives, is unusual in that it will only accept as clients people whose former companies will sponsor the client's job search.
The firm's primary goal is to make the transition to reemployment easier for displaced workers  It was founded in 1962  The company specializes in sponsoring business benefits and services in the following areas: 1) Communication Strategy & Timing, 2) Phase Out/Shut Down 3) Community Awareness 4) Employee Retentionn 5) Contingency Planning, 6) Security and 7) Public Agency Involvement.
Mr. John A. Challenger is the current Chief Executive Officer of this company. He is known as one of the subject matter experts in employment concerns for job market news in the United States . The media has covered the results of the studies that the company has put together. These include the cost of 2007 "March Madness" on the productivity of U.S. businesses, the flat rate of hiring seasonal workers in 2011, declining rate of teen employment in 2012, rising planned layoffs at the U.S. companies in 2013 One of the key development of this firm is the awarding of $5 million federal contract from the U.S Navy's Chief of Naval Installations Milling, Tenn, for professional, scientific and technical services.
The firm also conducts regular surveys and issues reports on the state of the economy, employment, job-seeking, layoffs and executive compensation. It conducts one-off surveys on such subjects as workplace bullying, lost productivity due to the Super Bowl, and working women.
- "Who is Challenger, Gray & Christmas?". Challenger, Gray & Christmas. Retrieved 2007-06-22.
- John Challenger of Challenger, Gray & Christmas at Global HR Accessed March 2, 2013
- h/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=30662003 Company Overview of Challenger, Gray & Christmas at Bloomberg Businessweek Accessed March 5, 2013
- During NCAA basketball tournament, employers lose $1.2 billion in employee productivity Accessed March 5, 2013
- Lifted from Tribune Media Services, Jobs for seasonal workers Accessed March 5, 2013
- Report shows fewer teens looking for jobs, Chicago Tribune Accessed March 5, 2013
- Lifted from Reuters: US planned layoffs rose for 2nd month in a row in Feb says Challenger Accessed March 4, 2013
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Chicago-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|