Chatsmore Catholic High School
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2013)|
|Type||Voluntary Aided School|
|Religious head||Michael Madden|
|Local authority||West Sussex|
Chatsmore has a canteen, the Learning Resource Centre (library) more commonly known as the LRC by the pupils, a food technology room, an Apple suite, which has many iMacs and Macbooks inside for more creative lessons, a wood tech room, graphics rooms, a drama department, an average-sized[clarification needed] gym, a large sports hall, tennis courts, football pitch and a very large[clarification needed] field.
As of the 2012 - 2013 academic year. The school now has a vertical tutoring system; the pupils are organised into four houses currently named Teresa, Bridget, Columba and Wilfrid. The houses were named after saints the students voted for.
Each house has a Progress Leader who deals with the 120 or so students in their house. The current[when?] progress leaders are:
- Saint Columba – Mrs H McLoughlin
- Saint Teresa – Mr D Jenner
- Saint Wilfrid – Miss C Evans
- Saint Bridget – Mrs A Gray and Mrs V Allam
The school operates a Senior Ambassador system with head boy and girl and two student house representatives for each house. The student heads of houses are:
- Saint Columba - Josh House and Celia McCarthy
- Saint Teresa - Jack Dignan and Claire Silk
- Saint Wilfrid - Curtis Lavender & Jennifer Novis
- Saint Bridgit - Cameron Huggins & Abby Myerscough
The Head Boy and Head Girl for 2012–2013 are Jack Dignan and Abby Myerscough.
The school prayer is:
God be in our heads and in our understanding,
God be in our eyes and in our looking,
God be in our mouths and in our speaking,
God be in our hearts and in our caring,
God be with our friends and families,
Be with us now and always.
- Clout, Laura (6 June 2008). "School bans Red Bull after bad behaviour rise". telegraph.co.uk (Telegraph Media group). Retrieved 30 April 2009.
|This West Sussex school or sixth form college related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|