|Look up chela in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Chela has two main meanings. One derivation comes from Sanskrit (cela), meaning "slave" or "servant". In Hindi (celaa), the word means "disciple, pupil." The other derivation comes from Greek (chele) and Latin (chela), meaning "claw", now specifically that of an arthropod.
Chela may also refer to:
- Chela (fish), a small minnow-type fish in the Cyprinid family
- Chela (organ), a pincerlike organ terminating certain limbs of some arthropods like a crab
- Juan Ignacio Chela (born 1979), a professional tennis player from Argentina
- The Chela meteorite fall of 1988 in Tanzania
- Chela, Ethiopia, a town in southern Ethiopia
- Chela (beer), a slang term for beer in Mexico, Peru, Uruguay and Chile
- Chela (singer)
- Serra da Chela, a mountain range in Angola
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Chela.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.