|Chengyang Wind-Rain Bridge
Chengyang Wind-Rain Bridge in 2003
|Locale||Sanjiang County, Liuzhou, Guangxi, People's Republic of China|
|Total length||64.4 m (211 ft)|
|Height||10 m (33 ft)|
|Number of spans||3|
Chengyang Bridge (traditional Chinese: 程陽橋, simplified Chinese: 程阳桥, pinyin: Chéng Yáng Qiáo) or Chengyang Wind and Rain Bridge (traditional Chinese: 程陽風雨橋, simplified Chinese: 程阳风雨桥, pinyin: Chéng Yáng Fēng Yǔ Qiáo, "Feng Yu" means wind and rain), is a bridge in Sanjiang County (三江县), Liuzhou, Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region(in the far north of Guangxi), People's Republic of China. The bridge is in a Dong minority region.
Chengyang is a special covered bridge or lángqiáo (廊桥), and one of several Fengyu Bridges in the local Dong Minority Region). It was completed in 1912. It has many other names including Yongji Bridge (traditional Chinese: 永濟橋, simplified Chinese: 永济桥, pinyin: Yǒng Jì Qiáo) and Panlong Bridge (traditional Chinese: 盤龍橋, simplified Chinese: 盘龙桥, pinyin: Pán Lóng Qiáo).
The bridge is a combination of bridge, corridor, veranda and Chinese pavilion. It has two platforms (one at each end of the bridge), 3 piers, 3 spans, 5 pavilions, 19 verandas, and three floors. The piers are made of stone, the upper structures are mainly wooden, and the roof is covered with tiles. The bridge has wooden handrails on both sides.
The bridge is located in Chengyang, and serves as the link between two populous villages. As a result, there is substantial daily traffic on the bridge.
In popular culture
The bridge is a destinctive landmark in World of Tanks map Pearl River.
- Covered bridge
- Fengyu Bridge, a special type of bridge in Dong Minority Region.
- Xijin Bridge, another large lángqiáo (廊桥) in Zhejiang, China.
- Dong people
- Sanjiang Dong Autonomous County
- "程阳桥 (Chengyang Bridge)" (in (Chinese)). 途牛旅游网 (Tuniu.com). 2006-04-23. Retrieved January 2, 2010.
- "程阳风雨桥 (Chengyang Wind-Rain Bridge)" (in (Chinese)). Baidu.com Chinese Encyclopedia. Retrieved January 2, 2010.
- "风雨桥 (Wind-Rain Bridge)" (in (Chinese)). Baidu.com Chinese Encyclopedia. Retrieved January 2, 2010.
- "People celebrate 100th anniversary of bridge completion in SW China". Global Times. 2012-12-02. Retrieved December 2, 2012.
- "广西三江程阳风雨桥（图文） (Guangxi Sanjiang Chengyang Wind-Rain Bridge (article and photos))" (in (Chinese)). 中国网 (China.com.cn). 2002-05-21. Retrieved January 2, 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chengyang Yongji Bridge.|