From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Elevation||78 m (256 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Geography of Cherla
Cherla is located on the banks of River Godavari at . It has an average elevation of 78 metres (259 ft).it is a small town near godavari river and also near taliperu tributary which is a small tributary of godavari river
Population and literacy
- Taliperu Project: It is a medium irrigation project across the Taliperu river, a major tributary of the river Godavari, near Peddamidisileru village, Charla mandal. It has an ayakut utiliization of 2,600 acres (11 km2).
- Everest reached by anand kaliveru with telangana and India flag
- Telangana Janapadam
- Every year Kalaravali cultural programs at Suresh Arts Open Venue
- Rich and fertile soils. jungle club is formed by chintalacheruvu venkatadri. After that c.v.k.rao continued the jungle club yearly organised Rastra stai natikapotilu eight times and that continued by devabakthuni nandeeswarudu kalaparishat with the support of D.N.Kumar and continued fifteen times.
- The mother of artists like Sri. Kadem Krishna murali manohar, Sri .TV Chalam garu Ammina Raju garu, Sri D. suresh kumar Devarapalli
- The land of chillies
- Taliperu Project
- Rahul Vignan School
- Ancient ramalayam (lingapuram padu)
- Ancient shivalayam (old Cherla) which is a part of charla built in 16th century.
- Versatile writers like peddada swamy and Amminna Telugu master
- Contemporary painters
- First in the education Bolla balakrishna district 2nd rank BIE 2002. He works as General Asst at IRDA hyderabad.
Villages in Cherla Mandal
- Lingapuram padu
- R. Kothagudem
- Meduvai colony
|This article about a location in Khammam district, Telangana is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|