The chickadees are a group of North American birds in the tit family included in the genus Poecile. Species found in North America are referred as chickadees, while other species in the genus are called tits.
They are all small-sized birds overall, usually having the crown of the head and throat patch distinctly darker than the body.
- Black-capped Chickadee, Poecile atricapillus
- Boreal Chickadee, Poecile hudsonicus
- Carolina Chickadee, Poecile carolinensis
- Chestnut-backed Chickadee, Poecile rufescens
- Grey-headed Chickadee, Poecile cinctus
- Mexican Chickadee, Poecile sclateri
- Mountain Chickadee, Poecile gambeli
|This Paridae-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|