Christ Episcopal Church (La Crosse, Wisconsin)
Christ Episcopal Church
La Crosse, Wisconsin
111 North 9th Street
|Governing body||Episcopal Diocese of Eau Claire|
|NRHP Reference #||85001361 |
|Added to NRHP||June 19, 1985|
Christ Episcopal Church is an historic Episcopal church located at 111 North 9th Street, corner of Main Street, in La Crosse, Wisconsin in the Episcopal Diocese of Eau Claire. In 1985, Christ Church was added to the National Register of Historic Places. The Rev. Canon Patrick P. Augustine, is the current rector.
National Register listing
- Christ Church of LaCrosse (added 1985 - Building - #85001361)
- Also known as Christ Episcopal Church of La Crosse, Wisconsin
- 831 Main St., La Crosse
- Historic Significance: Architecture/Engineering
- Architect, builder, or engineer: Detweiler,M.S.
- Architectural Style: Romanesque
- Area of Significance: Architecture, Art
- Period of Significance: 1875-1899
- Owner: Private
- Historic Function: Religion
- Historic Sub-function: Religious Structure
- Current Function: Religion
- Current Sub-function: Religious Structure
Christ Episcopal Church was founded in 1856. On June 23, 1850 on top of Grandad Bluff, Father James Lloyd Breck had celebrated the first Episcopal Holy Communion in the La Crosse area. The present church was built in 1899.
- "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 2007-01-23.
- History of Christ Church
- Goldstein, Norm, editor, Associated Press Stylebook and Briefing on Media Law, 2000, Cambridge, Massachusetts: Perseus Publishing, pp. 84-85.
- The Life of the Reverend James Lloyd Breck, D.D
|This article about a property in Wisconsin on the National Register of Historic Places is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an American Anglican church is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a church or other Christian place of worship in Wisconsin is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|