From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up chute in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Chute may refer to:
- Chute (gravity), a channel down which falling materials are guided
- Mail chute, a chute for collecting and transporting mail within a building
- Chute (landform), a steep-sided passage through which water flows rapidly; a new short channel that cuts across the neck of land separating the two ends of a river oxbow; formed when a high energy stream cuts a new short channel, called a chute.
- Chute (in North America), a cattle race, a channel for handling and sorting farm animals
- Squeeze chute, a cage for restraining a farm animal
- Chute (racecourse), a projection extending from either end of an oval-shaped racecourse
- Parachute, a device used to slow the motion of an object through an atmosphere by creating drag
- Pilot chute, a small auxiliary parachute
- Chaloner Chute (died 1659), Speaker of the House of Commons
- Christopher G. Chute, American biomedical informatics researcher
- Philip Chute, MP
- Chute, Wiltshire, a parish in England, United Kingdom
- Chute River, a short river in Maine, United States
- "The Chute", a 1996 episode in the third season of Star Trek: Voyager
- Chute! (television programme), a children's programme
- Shoot, new plant growth, they can include stems, flowering stems with flower buds, and leaves
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.