Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe
The Harare International Airport houses the head office of the CAAZ
|Formed||January 1, 1999|
|Preceding Agency||Department of Civil Aviation|
|Headquarters||Level 3, Harare International Airport
|Parent department||Government of Zimbabwe|
|Sources: CAAZ, World Aero Data|
The Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe (CAAZ) is the civil aviation agency of Zimbabwe, established on 1 January 1999 to replace the Department of Civil Aviation. Its head office is located on the level 3 of Harare International Airport, Harare, Zimbabwe.
About Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe
The Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe (CAAZ) came into existence on the 1st of January 1999 in terms of the Civil Aviation Act. The government of Zimbabwe wholly owns the authority.
Vision "To be a regional hub of world class aviation services by the year 2020.|
Mission “To provide customer driven, safe and secure airports, air navigation and regulatory services through a highly motivated workforce.”
“To promote a safe, regular and efficient use and development of aviation inside Zimbabwe.” To advise the government of Zimbabwe on all matters relating to domestic and international aviation.
• To manage national airports
• To manage airspace
• To facilitate and promote air services
• To regulate the aviation industry
• To advice the state of civil aviation matters
• Continuous learning
• Team work
• Client focus
• Integrity (Ubuntu, hunhu )
CAAZ pride • National airport system designed to serve tourism
• High levels of aviation safety and security compliant to national and international aviation standards and recommendations practices.
• Highly skilled personnel.
• Airport network encompassing three international airports (Victoria Falls, Harare, & J.M. Nkomo) and five domestic airports (Charles Prince, Buffalo Range, Masvingo, Hwange & Kariba)
• Air navigation services within Zimbabwe air space
• Aviation regulatory services
• Consultancy services in aviation safety and security
• Aircraft lease
• Rental space at the airport premises
• Advertising space on airport premises and equipment
- "Mandate". Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe (CAAZ). Archived from the original on 21 March 2012.
- "Contact Us". Civil Aviation Authority of Zimbabwe (CAAZ). Archived from the original on 21 March 2012.
- Airport information for Harare International Airport at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
|This article about aviation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Zimbabwe-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|