21 September 1987 |
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|Dress size||(US) 4; (EU) 34|
|Manager||NEXT Model Management
Clara Alonso (born 21 September 1987 in Madrid) is a Spanish fashion model. Alonso was the only Spanish model to walk in the 2008 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show since 1999. She has been the face of GUESS and AX Armani Exchange.
A regular in the Spanish runways, Alonso didn't make the jump internationally until she finished her studies. Once completing her studies she coincided with John Pfeiffer, a prestigious casting director for prominent shows, thereafter jobs abroad filled her agenda. In Florence, June 2008, Diane von Furstenberg hired Alonso for her "Cruise 2008-09" collection and months later was called to New York for the spring-summer 2009 fashion shows. While in the Big Apple, she also had the opportunity to work for Custo Barcelona. At 21 Alonso became Spain's new top model, chosen to be in the Victoria's Secret fashion show 2008 held in Miami, a historic landmark, since only two Spaniards, Esther Cañadas in 1997, and Eugenia Silva in 1998 and 1999, managed to participate in the VS fashion show.
She has walked for Bottega Veneta, Luisa Beccaria, Brian Reyes, Nanette Lepore, Oscar de la Renta, Tory Burch, Cynthia Steffe, Luca Luca, Diane von Furstenberg, Lela Rose, Prabal Gurung, Abaeté, and Resort 2009 Diane von Furstenberg.
Alonso won L´Oreal award best model for Cibeles f/w 2010. Becomes the face for Agua Fresca de Rosas fragrance by Adolfo Domínguez and appears in its TV spot. She also did the lingerie campaign for GUESS shot by Yu Tsai in L.A. Stars in AX Armani Exchange Spring 2011 advertising campaign with compatriot Alejandra Alonso.
- Fashion Model Directory - Clara Alonso
- ING Model Agency - Clara Alonso
- Biografia Hola.com
- marie-claire.es (1987-09-21). "Clara Alonso". Marie-claire.es. Retrieved 2013-10-07.
- Premios L´Oreal: la modelo Clara Alonso y Miguel Palacio...
- TV Spot fragrance "Agua Fresca" - Adolfo Dominguez
- Clara Alonso for Adolfo Dominguez
- Clara Alonso for GUESS
- "Armani Exchange Enlists Fashion Icon, Kate Lanphear to Turn Up the Style With Spring 2011 Advertising Campaign". PR Newswire. 28 January 2011.