|Born||9 June 1895
|Died||27 March 1945
|Allegiance|| German Empire (to 1918)
Weimar Republic (to 1933)
Nazi Germany (to 1945)
|Years of service||1914 - 1945|
|Commands held||4. Panzer-Division|
|Awards||Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves|
Clemens Betzel (9 June 1895 – 27 March 1945) was a German general who commanded the 4. Panzer-Division during World War II. He was also a recipient of the Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves. The Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross and its higher grade Oak Leaves was awarded to recognise extreme battlefield bravery or successful military leadership. Clemens Betzel was killed on 27 March 1945 in Danzig.
 Awards and decorations
- Iron Cross (1914)
- 2nd Class
- 1st Class
- Cross of Honor
- Anschluss Medal
- Sudetenland Medal
- Iron Cross (1939)
- 2nd Class (24 September 1939)
- 1st Class (11 October 1939)
- General Assault Badge (7 February 1942)
- Eastern Front Medal (19 August 1942)
- German Cross in Gold (11 March 1943)
- Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves
- Mentioned in the Wehrmachtbericht (3 November 1944)
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 112.
- Fellgiebel 2000, p. 82.
- Fellgiebel, Walther-Peer (2000). Die Träger des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939-1945. Friedburg, Germany: Podzun-Pallas. ISBN 3-7909-0284-5.
- Scherzer, Veit (2007). Ritterkreuzträger 1939–1945 Die Inhaber des Ritterkreuzes des Eisernen Kreuzes 1939 von Heer, Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine, Waffen-SS, Volkssturm sowie mit Deutschland verbündeter Streitkräfte nach den Unterlagen des Bundesarchives (in German). Jena, Germany: Scherzers Miltaer-Verlag. ISBN 978-3-938845-17-2.
General der Panzertruppen Dietrich von Saucken
|Commander of 4. Panzer-Division
1 May 1944 – 27 March 1945
Oberst Ernst-Wilhelm Hoffmann
|This biographical article related to the military of Germany is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|