Colonels Academy, Katihar
Colonels Academy, a co-educational senior secondary school of Katihar, Bihar was established in 2008 at Colonels Academy Road, Army Camp in the State of Bihar. This institution, set on a sprawling campus is an ideal blend of this ancient Nalandian concept of education and modern philosophy of Gennext. The School on day cum boarding mode has 500 students and 40 members of staff to galvanized the cause of education in the real sense of its term.
Colonels Academy, the brain child of Col. A.K. Yadav, strives to provide quality education-a place where student’s needs center the educational philosophy, where excellence as a bench mark is stressed by individual attention and the overall social development of the children is nurtured with a calibrated approach..
- 24 December 2007 Release of Prospectus by Honourable Justice Shiv Kriti Singh
- 17 January 2008 School logo was unveiled by Mr. C. K. Anil, IAS (Sec Agriculture)
- 10 February 2008 Inauguration of the School Mr. Prakash Jha (Film Director)
- 18 April 2008 First day of the Colonels Academy in action
- 8 December 2008 Visit of Dr. (Prof.) Ajay Kumar (JNU)
- 18 February 2009 Visit of Sarode Maestro Padmshree Pt. Biswajit Roy Choudhury
- 17 November 2009 Visit of Kathak Maestro Padmshree Guru Shovna Narayana
- 30 Oct to 4 Nov’09 Himalayan Trekking Expedition Manebhanjan (6300 ft) to Sandakphu (12000 ft) via Tumling (9300 ft)
- Kalpokhri (10360 ft)
- 8 September 2010 Visit of Padmabhusan Dr.Teejan Bai, an Exponent of Pandavani.
- 28 Mar to 2 Apr ‘11 Nukard Natak Workshop under famous social worker Father Anand.
Colonels Academy is sandwiched between Army Camp, Sirsa in the West and Mongra Railway crossing in the East on a campus skirted by sylvan surroundings which provide ideal ambience for furthering of teaching-learning process. The nearest railhead is Katihar Junction on the trunk route connecting Gowahati and the national capital, New Delhi.
The campus may be divided into following parts
1. Major Amiya Block – Main academic block of Colonels Academy where Library, Laboratories, Class Rooms, Activity Hall,and Smart Classes are situated. OAT ( Open Air Theater ) is facing this Block.
2. Chanakya – It is the administrative block of the school.
3. Muteshwari Block – It Junior Academic Building of the school.
4. New Boy’s Hostel
5. Staff Flat Block
6. Swimming Pool and Hurdle Game Zone
There are Four houses in the school: Gandhi, Aryabhatt, Tagore and Raman. Each student from class I onwards is allotted one of the houses. Each house is headed by a girl and boy house captain. A member of the staff assisted by several other teachers(tutors) acts as the House Warden. The points are awarded to the students throughout the year for extra curricular activities through Inter-House competitions in sports, dramatics, debates, quiz, art and music and prizes/trophies are awarded accordingly. At the end of the year, the house gaining the highest points is awarded the championship trophy.
The school has the following clubs for the activities which are held on Wednesday:
1. Literary club 2. Gardening Club 3. Science club 4. Multimedia Club 5. Social Club c 6. Magazine club 7. Nukad Natak club
The school is having number of games facility like basketball, football, tennis, swimming volleyball, hockey and cricket for the physical and mental development of Pupil.