Come and sing
A "come and sing" event offers people who enjoy singing the opportunity to form a temporary choir ("scratch choir") to rehearse and/or perform choral music, often within a single day.
These events are ideal for people who would otherwise be unable to commit to regular membership of a choir, or who wish to try choral singing for the first time. Usually the music is familiar to those who attend – e.g. Handel's Messiah, Fauré's Requiem, Verdi's Requiem – though the programme may be chosen to coincide with a festival or other special occasion or time of year or day (e.g. evensong, Nine Lessons and Carols).
- "Come-and-sing" (and other events) listed on the British Choirs on the Net website.
- St. James's Church, Bodley Road, New Malden, Surrey, UK, a church that holds bi-monthly "Come and Sing" events.
- "Come and Sing!" events hosted by The Colorado Springs Choral Society, Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA, in 2006 and 2007.
- "Come and Sing!" events hosted by Brisbane Concert Choir, Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, from 2003 to 2011.
- "Come and Sing" project organised by Tideswell Male Voice Choir, Derbyshire, England, in 2010.
|This music event–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|