From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up compatibility, compatible, or incompatible in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Compatibility may refer to:
- Backward compatibility, in which newer devices can understand data generated by older devices
- Compatibility card, an expansion card for hardware emulation of another device
- Compatibility layer, components that allow for non-native support of components
- Compatibility mode, software mechanism in which a software emulates an older version of software
- Computer compatibility, of a line of machines
- Forward compatibility, in which older devices can understand data generated by newer devices
- License compatibility, of software licenses
- Pin-compatibility, in devices that have the same functions assigned to the same particular pins
- Compatibility (biological), a property which is assign to splits of a given set of taxa.
- Compatibility (chemical), how stable a substance is when mixed with another substance
- Compatibility (geochemistry), how readily a particular trace element substitutes for a major element within a mineral
- Compatibility (mechanics), the study of compatible deformations in continuum mechanics
- Electromagnetic compatibility, which studies the unintentional generation, propagation, and reception of electromagnetic energy
- Astrological compatibility, a branch of astrology that studies relationships by comparing natal horoscopes
- Compatibilism, a philosophical position
- Interpersonal compatibility, the long-term interaction between two or more individuals in terms of the ease and comfort of communication
See also 
- IBM PC compatible, computers that are generally similar to the original IBM PC, XT, and AT
- Software incompatibility, a characteristic of software components or systems which cannot operate satisfactorily together
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.