From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up congregation in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A congregation is a large gathering of people, often for the purpose of worship.
The term congregation may refer to:
- Local church, a Christian organization meeting in a particular place for worship
- Congregation (Roman Curia), an administrative body of the Roman Catholic Church
- Congregation (Catholic), a grouping of religious institutes or a religious institute in which only simple vows, not solemn vows, are taken
- Qahal, an Israelite organizational structure often translated as congregation
- Congregation, often used as an alternate term for a synagogue or its members in a similar vein as a Christian congregation
- Congregation (university), an assembly of senior members of a university
- In music
- The Congregation, an English pop group, sold in the USA and Canada as The English Congregation
- Congregation (album), by The Afghan Whigs
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.