|Headquarters||New York City, USA
Conversocial is a provider of social customer service software headquartered in New York City and London. Companies such as Google, Barclaycard, Hertz, Tesco, Volkswagen and University of Phoenix use Conversocial's Software as a Service to manage the flow of customer service inquiries and discussions on social media channels such as Facebook and Twitter, Google+, Instagram and YouTube.
Joshua March founded Conversocial in November 2009 in London. After spending two years working with applications for social media for both the Facebook Developer Garage London and iPlatform, he realized that social was the future of communications online. After iPlatform, which they sold to social media marketing company Betapond in 2012, March has focused solely on Conversocial.
Since Conversocial’s public launch at Tempero in 2010, they’ve released their Enterprise edition and raised a total of $3.65 Million in funding. In 2012 Conversocial expanded to the USA, opening it’s second office in Manhattan, NY,.
In 2013, Conversocial received $4.4 Million in additional funding from a round lead by Octopus Ventures.
Conversocial is a real-time social media management system which allows companies to provide customer support through Facebook and Twitter. Conversocial's functions include:
- Priority Response Engine - The self-learning prioritization engine uses natural language processing and analysis of historic responses to prioritise messages.
- Conversation History
- Team Management - Conversocial's collaborative platform lets teams share social communication, while management retains control of social platforms.
- Analytics & Reporting - Measures important data such as customer satisfaction, agent response times, and issue frequency.
CEO Joshua March has appeared on CNBC, Bloomberg, Fox Business, and BBC as a commentator on customer service and social media, and was named one of 2012’s Top 10 Hottest Digital Marketers by iMedia Connection. Josh March frequently writes about social media and customer service, and his work has been featured in numerous business and technology publications.
Previously Joshua and Dan Lester co-founded iPlatform, a social app development company, which was acquired by Betapond in September 2012. From 2008 to 2010 Joshua was the Chairman of the Facebook Developer Garage London, an official Facebook event running monthly for developers, entrepreneurs and marketers working on the Facebook platform, which he helped found in 2007.
Awards and Recognition
Most recently, Conversocial was named a “cool vendor” in the CRM Customer Service and Social Report published by leading analyst firm Gartner The UK publication V3 has also named Conversocial one of Top 10 up-and-coming UK technology start-ups for 2013.
In 2010 Conversocial won “Highly Commended” in the Best Platform category of TechCrunch’s The Europas- European Startup Awards. In 2011, Conversocial was the overall winner in the Best Advertising or Marketing Tech Startup category, and in 2013 they were “Highly Commended” in the Best Advertising or Marketing Tech Startup.
- Kiss, Jemima (27 September 2012). "iPlatform bought by social media marketing company Betapond". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- Mott, Nathaniel. "Conversocial Raises $1.25M and Moves to New York to Turn Bitchy Tweets into Customer Service Opportunities". September 4, 2012. Pandodaily. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- Crook, Jordan. "Conversocial CRM Social Media Tool Raises $4.4M Led By Octopus Investments". May 28th, 2013. TechCrunch. Retrieved 13 June 2013.
- March, Joshua. "Customer Service Through Social Media". June 26, 2012. CNBC. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- March, Joshua. "Should Social Media Sites Apologize for False Info?". April 22, 2013 (Bloomberg TV). Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- March, Joshua. "Social media is Changing the Way We Complain". April 25, 2013 (Bloomberg TV). Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- March, Joshua. "How Complaints On Twitter Spook Retailers". December 20, 2012 (Bloomberg TV). Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- March, Joshua. "Capitalizing On Social Media Shoppers". November 26, 2012 (Bloomberg TV). Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- March, Joshua. "Has Twitter Gotten Too Big Too Fast?". April 23, 2013. Fox Business. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- Editors, iMedia Connection. "iMedia's Top 10 Hottest Digital Marketers of 2012". August 21, 2012. iMedia Connection. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- March, Joshua. "Why social makes customer service more important than ever". April 20, 2013. Pandodaily. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- March, Joshua. "How To Integrate Social Customer Service Into Your Marketing Strategy". December 14, 2012. CMO. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- March, Joshua. "Customer Service Is Your Marketing Strategy". November 26, 2013. Chief Executive. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- March, Joshua. "The Changing Nature of Customer Relationships". October 19, 2013. Destination CRM. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- March, Joshua. "How to Turn Social Feedback into Valuable Business Data". February 27, 2012. Mashable. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- Web, PR. "Conversocial Named "Cool Vendor" by Leading Analyst Firm". April 19, 2013 (CBS Moneywatch). Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- Staff, V3. "Top 10 up-and-coming UK technology start-ups". April 12, 2013. V3. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- Butcher, Mike. "The Europas European Startup Awards 2010 – The Winners and Finalists". November 20, 2012. TechCrunch. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- Butcher, Mike. "PeerIndex Takes The Honours As The Europas Awards Drifts Eastwards". November 18, 2011. TechCrunch. Retrieved 25 April 2013.
- Butcher, Mike. "The Europas – Europe’s Tech Startup Oscars – Showcases A Booming European Scene". January 22, 2013. TechCrunch. Retrieved 25 April 2013.