Cool Cities Initiative
Cool Cities Initiative began as an initiative started by Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm to spur growth and investment in Northern Cities. The Initiative was proposed in 2003 in response to students attending college in Michigan and then seeking employment out of state. The Stadium District, immediately south of Oldsmobile Park in Lansing, was redeveloped using a grant from the Cool Cities project.
- Granholm, Jennifer. "Governor's Letter" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-05-08.
- "Cool Cities - Mission/Vision". Retrieved 2009-10-11.
- "Michigan's Cool Cities Initiative: A Reinvestment Strategy" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-05-08.
- "Cool Cities - Stadium District". Retrieved 2009-10-11.
- "Creating A District". Retrieved 2011-05-08.
|This economic policy related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|