|This article does not cite any references or sources. (March 2009)|
Coosan's population has grown from around 400 in the 1990s to roughly 5000 in the early 21st century, mostly because of the Celtic Tiger. It attracts many tourists over the summer months due to its location on the edge of Lough Ree.
Coosan is divided into three 'quarters': Castlequarter, Hillquarter and Meehanquarter .
Queen of Peace church in Coosan was opened in 1973.
- Harry Rice, Founding member of IWAI(Inland Waterways Aossocation of Ireland)
- Dessie Dolan, Gaelic footballer
- Lisa Dwan, actress
- Colm Moriarty, professional golfer
- Alan Sheehan, football player
- [Robbie Henshaw], International rugby player
Clubs and organisations
- Coosan and District Anglers Association
- Lough Ree Yacht Club
- [Lough Ree RNLI]
- [Athlone Sub-Aqua club]
|This article related to the geography of County Westmeath, Ireland is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|