From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For Wikipedia's education program, see Wikipedia:Course.
|Look up course in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Course can refer to:
- Course (navigation), the path of travel
- Course (sail), the principal sail on a mast of a sailing vessel
- Course (meal), a set of one or more food items served at once during a meal
- Course (education), in the United States, a unit of instruction in one subject, lasting one academic term
- Course of study, in the Commonwealth of Nations and at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, a programme of education leading to a degree or diploma
- Course of employment, a legal consideration of all circumstances which may occur in the performance of a person's job
- Course (medicine), a regime of medical drugs, or the speed of evolution of a disease
- Course (music), a pair or more of adjacent strings tuned to unison or an octave and played together to give a single note, in a stringed instrument
- Main course, the primary dish in a meal consisting of several courses
- Course (architecture), a continuous horizontal layer of similarly-sized building material, in a wall
- String course, a continuous narrow horizontal course or moulding which projects slightly from the surface of a wall
- Course (orienteering), a series of control points visited by orienteers during a competition, marked with red/white flags in the terrain, and corresponding purple symbols on the map
- Coursing is the pursuit of game or other animals by dogs
Course may also refer to:
- Golf course, an area of land designated for the play of golf
- Obstacle course, a series of challenging physical obstacles an individual or team must navigate for sport
- Show jumping course, an equitation or equestrian obstacle course
- Race course, for the racing of people, animals, and vehicles
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Course.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.