|Fate||Acquired by Synopsys|
|Headquarters||San Francisco, CA|
|Key people||Anthony Bettencourt (CEO & President), John E. Calonico Jr. (SVP, CFO and Secretary), Andy Chou (Co-Founder & CTO), Matt Green (CRO)|
|Products||Coverity Quality Advisor, Coverity Security Advisor, Coverity Test Advisor, Coverity SAVE, Coverity Connect, Coverity SDLC Integrations, Coverity Connector for HP ALM|
Coverity is a software vendor which develops development testing solutions, including static code analysis tools, for C, C++, Java and C#, used to find defects and security vulnerabilities in source code.
Coverity Static Analysis Verification Engine (Coverity SAVE) is a static code analysis tool for C, C++, C# and Java. Coverity commercialized a research tool for finding bugs through static analysis, the Stanford Checker, which used abstract interpretation to identify defects in source code.
Under a United States Department of Homeland Security contract, the tool was used to examine over 150 open source applications for bugs; 6000 bugs found by the scan were fixed, across 53 projects.
NHTSA used the tool in its 2010-2011 investigation into reports of sudden unintended acceleration in Toyota vehicles. The tool was used by CERN on the software employed in the Large Hadron Collider and in the NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory during the flight software development of the Mars rover Curiosity.
Coverity Dynamic Analyzer is a tool used to analyze Java source code. It was released in May 2008. It observes code as it executes and identifies race conditions, deadlocks, and needless synchronization.
Other products are Coverity Architecture Analyzer, Coverity Build Analyzer and Integrity Center.
In June 2008, Coverity acquired Solidware Technologies. The technology gained from this acquisition became the foundation of Coverity Software Readiness Manager for Java.
In May 2012, Coverity won the 2012 CODiE Award for Best Software Development Solution.
- "A Few Billion Lines of Code Later: Using Static Analysis to Find Bugs in the Real World; How Coverity built a bug-finding tool, and a business, around the unlimited supply of bugs in software systems"
- Dawson Engler at Stanford University
- The open source results on scan.coverity.com
- Open source one year results on scan.coverity.com
- [Archived June 14, 2009 at the Wayback Machine"LAMP lights the way in open-source security"] – ZDNet
- "U.S. Used Key Tools to Examine Toyota Acceleration-Related Software"
- "Technical Support to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration on the Reported Toyota Motor Corporation Unintended Acceleration Investigation"
- "CERN Chooses Coverity to Ensure Accuracy of Large Hadron Collider Software"
- "Improving Scientific Research: CERN and Coverity Static Analysis"
- "Coverity: Mars Rover Curiosity's 'Space Doctors' On Bug Hunting In Space"
- "Coverity Introduces Thread Analyzer for Java". Theserverside.com. 2008-05-07. Retrieved 2011-01-29.
- Krill, Paul (2008-06-30). "Coverity buys Solidware to boost code analysis". Infoworld.com. Retrieved 2011-01-29.
- "Synopsys Enters Software Quality and Security Market with Coverity Acquisition". PR Newswire. 2014-02-19. Retrieved 2014-02-20.
- "TR35: Seth Hallem, 28". Technology Review. Retrieved 2011-01-29.
- "2009 Technology Fast 500 Ranking | Technology Fast 500 | Deloitte LLP". Deloitte.com. 2010-09-23. Retrieved 2011-11-28.
- "Coverity Named One of the Fastest Growing Companies in North America". California: PR Newswire. 20 October 2011. Retrieved 2012-05-04.
- "Coverity Wins SIIA CODiE Award for Best Software Development Solution". California: Coverity. 11 May 2012. Retrieved 2012-12-05.