From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
Cytopenia is a reduction in the number of blood cells. It takes a number of forms:
- Low red blood cell count: resulting in anemia.
- Low white blood cell count: leukopenia or neutropenia (because neutrophils make up at least half of all white cells, they are almost always low in leukopenia).
- Low platelet count: thrombocytopenia.
- Low granulocyte count: granulocytopenia
- Low red blood cell, white blood cell, and platelet counts: pancytopenia.
- Polycythemia, the opposite of cytopenia
|This medical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|