|This article may rely excessively on sources too closely associated with the subject, potentially preventing the article from being verifiable and neutral. (May 2013)|
|Focus||Sustainable, cultural and social innovation|
|The Netherlands, worldwide programs|
|Method||Grants, funding, lans, campaigns|
|Kick van der Pol (chairman of the Supervisory board), Nina Tellegen (CEO), Jasper Snoek (CFO)|
|30 million euro received as a net proceeds of the Dutch Postcode Lottery, BankGiro Lottery and FriendsLottery in 2012|
|Mission||To support a green, socially inclusive and creative society|
The DOEN Foundation (in Dutch '''Stichting DOEN''') is a Dutch foundation supporting initiatives in the field of culture and cohesion and in the field of green and inclusive economy. The focus of the foundation is on sustainable, cultural and social innovation. DOEN receives the net proceeds of the Dutch Postcode Lottery, BankGiro Lottery and FriendsLottery.
The DOEN Foundation was established by the Dutch Postcode Lottery in 1991 to pursue the same objectives as the lottery (people and nature) and to complement the lottery’s work. In 1998 the foundation starts receiving an annual contribution from the FriendsLottery (former SponorBingo Lottery); and in 2004 it received annual contributions from the BankGiro Lottery. At the beginning of its mandate the foundation supported development cooperation, human rights, nature and the environment; since 2006 its focus also includes social cohesion.
The foundation activities are framed within two themes
- Culture and cohesion. This themes is implemented specific programs. The program International media and culture supports culture in East, West and North Africa and in particular in Mali, Tunisia and Uganda. DOEN Foundation also supports in collaboration with Hivos the program Arts Collaboratory and it is part of the Arterial Network. The programs Social role of culture, Social design and New meeting places support initiatives in the Netherlands (including Aruba, Curaçao, Saint Martin and the BES Islands).
- Green and inclusive economy. This theme is implemented through programs in the field of sustainable energy, designing a new economy and social entrepreneurship.
- Visited 10/05/2013 http://www.doen.nl/web/about-DOEN/About-the-DOEN-Foundation.htm.
- History of the DOEN Foundation http://www.doen.nl/web/about-DOEN/Organisation/History.htm.
- Description of the theme Culture and cohesion on the DOEN Foundation website http://www.doen.nl/web/projects/Culture-Cohesion.htm.
- Description of the theme Green and inclusive economy on the DOEN Foundation website http://www.doen.nl/web/projects/Green-and-Inclusive-Economy.htm.
- Directory of non-governmental organisations active in sustainable development: Europe, OECD Publishing, 1996.
- Jos Schuring, DOEN's 15th anniversary in "The Power of Culture", September 2006.* Gertrude Flentge, Microcredit for African art sector: opportunities and threats in "The Power of Culture", June 2008.
- Interview with Nina Tellegen of DOEN Foundation in "aidenvironment journal", issue 4, November 2010, p. 2.