DUX (video game)
|Release date(s)||July 17, 2009|
|Genre(s)||Shoot 'em up|
DUX is an independently developed scrolling shooter video game by HUCAST.Net & KonTechs Ltd. for the Sega Dreamcast. The game was released on July 17, 2009 worldwide. There is also a 500-print limited edition DUX with a game soundtrack on a separate disk. The game was available from HUCAST.net, Play-Asia, Videogamesnewyork and various other retailers.
In May 2012, a Kickstarter project for a remake of the game was announced. It was called Redux: Dark Matters and scheduled for a release on PSN, XBLA, Steam and iOS, as well as the Dreamcast. The latter version was originally available only as a Kickstarter reward but Redux 1.1 was later sold separately. The project reached its funding goal of $25,000 on 14 May 2012, after only a few days. The Dreamcast version was released on January 27, 2014.
Bordersdown (previously NTSC-uk) scored the game 6/10 commending how the "simple but colourful packaging theme extends throughout the presentation, from the menus to the game stages themselves and it works, with the VGA visuals being a treat to view" but noted that "anyone playing for scores will be disappointed because a bug in the first stage to do with the checkpoint system means it's only worth playing for survival."
- Last Hope
- Wind and Water: Puzzle Battles
- List of commercially released independently developed Dreamcast games
- Independent video game development
- Agnello, Anthony John (November 19, 2013). "Back from the dead: 9 modern games for obsolete consoles". The A.V. Club. Retrieved December 4, 2013.
- Buy DUX [Limited Edition] (DC)
- Dux - $29.99 : VideoGamesNewYork, Japanese and Retro Video Game Boutique
- steffen rehr (@freshdux) on Twitter
- Redux: Dark Matters - for Sega Dreamcast, iOS and More by ReduxGame — Kickstarter
- Redux-Special – SEGA-DC.DE
- ReduxGame (reduxgame) on Twitter
- "Redux Dark Matters is Now Shipping Out". Kickstarter. 27 January 2014. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- Dux Review at Bordersdown. Retrieved 2010-09-28
|This scrolling shooter article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|