|Location||2900 Stadium Drive
Fort Worth, TX, 76109
|Broke ground||March 1961|
|Opened||December 14, 1961|
|Owner||Texas Christian University|
|Operator||Texas Christian University|
|Surface||Connor Uni-Force floor|
|Construction cost||$1.45 million
($11.4 million in 2014 dollars)
|Architect||Joseph R. Pelich|
|General contractor||Cadenheard Company|
|TCU Horned Frogs basketball (1961–present)
TCU Lady Frogs basketball (1977–present)
Daniel–Meyer Coliseum is a basketball arena located on the campus of Texas Christian University (TCU) in Fort Worth, Texas, United States. The arena is home to the TCU Horned Frogs and TCU Lady Frogs basketball teams. It was built in 1961 and named after former TCU football and basketball coach Dutch Meyer and former TCU board member Milton Daniel. The facility currently seats 7,201 people.
On April 16, 2013, the university announced plans for a $45 million renovation to the arena. The project will transform the 53-year-old facility into a modern arena, with widened concourses, additional bathrooms and upgraded concessions. The proposed facade would remake the outdated exterior of the venue into something resembling the brick and art deco architecture of the neighboring Amon G. Carter Stadium. The court will be lowered several feet to accommodate additional rows of seating that will fill in the large curves currently on either side of the court, giving fans courtside seating and much closer views of the action. Among the many additions and upgrades would be a courtside club on the floor level for season ticket holders and new offices for TCU athletic staff coaches of sports such as soccer, tennis and golf. New locker rooms for both TCU and visiting teams and team meeting rooms will be added. TCU would be forced to play at another area arena during the 2014-15 season.
The project was formally approved by the university on November 7, 2013. The construction will begin in March and could last 18 months. The new arena is scheduled for October 2015.
- Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–2014. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- Stevenson, Stefan (January 16, 2012). "Daniel-Meyer Puts TCU at Disadvantage in Big 12". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Retrieved February 14, 2012.
- "Daniel-Meyer Coliseum". TCU Athletics. Archived from the original on December 30, 2009. Retrieved December 30, 2009.
- Stevenson, Stefan (April 16, 2013). "TCU Has $45 Million Plan to Remake Daniel-Meyer Coliseum". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Retrieved November 10, 2013.
- Stevenson, Stefan (November 9, 2013). "TCU Set to ‘Transform’ 52-Year-Old Daniel-Meyer Coliseum". Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Retrieved November 10, 2013.
|This article about a sports venue in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|