Daniel Kamihira White
Daniel Kamihira White is an American magician, producer, and creative consultant
White was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and moved to New York in 2002. He first became interested in magic at the age of 10 when his father showed him an old poster of the magician Harry Kellar. However, in an interview with theory11, he is reported to have said his interest was sparked by his father giving him a magic set. While growing up in Philadelphia, White fed his interest by working in a local magic store and was influenced by the older generation of magicians he would come into contact with daily. White has a master’s degree in art history.
White produced the magic for David Blaine's 2 hour ABC Special "Drowned Alive" (2006) and was the Head Magic Producer for Blaine's 2008 Prime Time television special "Dive of Death." In 2011, White produced the magic at the iHeartRadio Festival in Las Vegas for Target's Mobile Division Launch.
Between 2011 and 2012, White worked in Las Vegas as magic producer for David Copperfield at the MGM Grand Resort & Casino.
In 2011, White starred in "The Supernaturalist" for the Discovery Channel in which he traveled to places such as Nepal to learn more about other cultures views of magic. The program was produced by Ping Ping Productions and Casey Brumels was the executive producer.
A review in The Examiner expressed an opinion that the show was probably the best magic TV show since David Blaine's show, Magic Man. Though the review also comments on The Supernaturalist's story possibly being pre-determined and staged.
In 2012, White, in collaboration with global magic collective theory11, helped to create magic for the presentation of the new menu for Eleven Madison Park Restaurant in New York City. The collaboration was featured in the New York Times and New Yorker Magazine to positive reception. Eleven Madison Park was since ranked 5th Best Restaurant in the World by San Pellegrino in 2013.
In 2012, White worked alongside with David Copperfield's creative team to create and design the "Hangman Illusion" for the Warner Brothers motion picture The Incredible Burt Wonderstone.
High profile performances
White has performed alongside David Blaine and in 2011 he worked in Las Vegas as a creative consultant for him. White's official website claims that he performed at P.Diddy's white party in 2007. He has also been photographed performing magic tricks at the Victoria's Secrets Fashion Show 2008 and for Kim Kardashian and Reggie Bush In 2013, White appeared on the Kris Jenner Show and he performed a number of card tricks.
- "Dan White Set to Amaze NiteTables Partygoers". NightTables. 2011-10-17. Retrieved 7 June 2013.
- "Dan White: The Supernaturalist". Theory11. Retrieved 7 June 2013.
- "About". Dan White. Retrieved 7 June 2013.
- "Magician Uses His Own Skills to Find Elusive Magical Monk in New Discovery Special "The Supernaturalist"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved 7 June 2013.
- "Let Dan White Show You the Magic of Touch". iTricks. 07/01/2013. Retrieved 7 June 2013. Check date values in:
- "White Magic". Travel Channel. Retrieved 24 December 2013.
- name="YeezusTour">"Behind the scenes with Kanye and the Yeezus Tour". Milk Made. Retrieved February 2014.
- "Miami Model Magic". iTricks. 2008-11-19. Retrieved 7 June 2013.
- "Dan White Performs For Reggie Bush, Kim Kardashian". iTricks. 02/01/2009. Retrieved 7 June 2013. Check date values in:
- Hunks, Magicians and Beauty Tips on the Kris Jenner Show (Full Episode #17). YouTube. 2013. Retrieved 03/09/13. Check date values in: