||Daniel John Pintauro
January 6, 1976
Milltown, New Jersey, United States
Daniel John "Danny" Pintauro (born January 6, 1976) is an American actor best known for his role on the popular American sitcom Who's the Boss? and his role in the 1983 film Cujo.
Pintauro first appeared on the television soap opera As the World Turns as the original Paul Ryan and in the film Cujo. He first came to prominence on the television series Who's the Boss?. After the conclusion of that series, he was less frequently cast. Pintauro went on to act in stage productions like The Velocity of Gary and Mommie Queerest.
He also worked as a Tupperware sales representative and as of 2013, he was managing a restaurant in Las Vegas.
Pintauro was born in Milltown, New Jersey, the son of Margaret L. (née Sillcocks) and John J. Pintauro, a manager. In 1994, he took time off from professional acting and attended Middlesex County College in Edison, New Jersey, and later Stanford University to study English and theater and graduated in 2001.
He came out as gay in 1997, in an interview with the National Enquirer tabloid. In April 2013 he was engaged to his boyfriend, Wil Tabares, and they married in April 2014.
- ^ Wiegand, David (September 5, 2000). "For Actor Danny Pintauro, There's Life Beyond TV". San Francisco Chronicle (Hearst Corporation). Retrieved 2012-02-12.
- ^ Jones, Kenneth (1999-07-30). "Last Chance: Danny Pintauro in Velocity of Gary Closes July 30". Playbill. Retrieved 2013-04-07.
- ^ Brunyanszki, Raymond (2012-10-17). "Camden Harbour Inn announces Internationally acclaimed actor for leading role Mommie Queerest". Bangor Daily News. Retrieved 2013-04-07.
- ^ Blair, Tom (January 26, 2011). "There's no business like show business". U-T San Diego. Retrieved 2012-02-12.
- ^ a b Ravitz, Justin (2013-04-05). "Danny Pintauro Engaged to Wil Tabares: Who's the Boss Star to Marry Boyfriend". Us Weekly. Retrieved 2013-04-07.
- ^ "Danny Pintauro Biography (1976-)". Film Reference. Advameg Inc. Retrieved 2012-02-12.
- ^ Hadleigh, Boze (2000). In or out?: gay and straight celebrities talk about themselves and each other. Barricade Books. p. 56. ISBN 9781569801567.
- ^ Webber, Stephanie (2014-04-03). "Danny Pintauro Marries Wil Tabares: Details on Who's the Boss Star's Wedding". Us Weekly. Wenner Media LLC. Retrieved 2014-04-04.