Dasara, a South Indian term for Vijayadashami, derived from the Sanskrit Dasha-hara meaning "remover of bad fate", is among the most important festivals celebrated in India. Other regional spellings include Dashera, Dussera and Dussehra in North India.
Specifically, it may refer to:
- in South India, the ten-day festival of Navratri as a whole
- in Nepal, the 15-day festival of Dashain
- in North India, the tenth day of the festival, Vijayadashami
- in Himachal Pradesh, a seven-day festival starting on that day, Kullu Dussehra
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dasara.|
- Durga Puja, the five- or six-day festival celebrates in Eastern India and elsewhere
- Dasara Elephants, an integral part of the Mysore Dasara festival
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Dasara.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.