The Best Goodbye Ever!
|Directed by||Shashant Shah|
|Produced by||Guneet Monga, Vinay Pathak, Azam Khan|
|Written by||Arshad Syed|
|Music by||Kailash Kher|
Dasvidaniya (दसविदानिया) is a 2008 Bollywood film released on 7 November 2008. The name of the movie is a pun on the list of ten things to be done before death made by Vinay Pathak, and is a play on the Russian phrase до свидания (do svidaniya), meaning good bye.
Amar Kaul (Vinay Pathak) is a 37-year-old accounts manager at a company called Suraj Pharmaceuticals in Mumbai. He is single and lives with his mother (Sarita Joshi). He lives a nondescript life with people oblivious to his existence. One day his doctor tells him that he will die within three months. Realising that his time is limited, Amar makes a list of ten things he wants to do during his life, and sets out to do them.
The film received favourable reviews from critics. Martin D'Souza of Bollywood Trade News Network gave the movie 4 stars out of 5 calling it "a memorable experience, one that will leave you richer". Gaurav Malani of Indiatimes Movies gave the film 3 stars, praising the cast, dialogue and scripting and recommended that the movie "should top the list of your 10 most important things to do this weekend." The movie has also been referred by its pun line as "the best goodbye movie ever."
- "Vinay's madcap adventure". The Times of India. 6 May 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- "Not so Funny". Indian Express. 27 October 2008. Retrieved 2008-10-27.
- "How DASVIDANIYA was named!". www.glamsham.com. Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- "Bollywood box-office report of the week". Glamsham. Retrieved 2007-11-29.
- "All India 2008 (Figures in INR Crore) Bollywood". Box Office India. Retrieved 2012-08-06.
- "Dasvidaniya movie review". Glamsham.com. Retrieved 2008-11-29.
- "Dasvidaniya: movie review". The Economic Times. 14 November 2008. Retrieved 2008-11-29.
- "Dasvidaniya: The Best Goodbye Movie Ever". Guy Down the Street. Retrieved 2009-05-04.