|Full name||David James Bulbring|
12 September 1989 |
|Height||1.98 m (6 ft 6 in)|
|Weight||113 kg (17 st 11 lb)|
|School(s) attended||Alexander Road High School|
|University||University of Johannesburg|
|Current club||Blue Bulls / Bulls|
|2007||Eastern Province Kings|
|2012–13||Eastern Province Kings||24||(5)|
|2012||S.A. Barbarians (South)||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and points correct as of 13 October 2013.
† Appearances (Points).
Youth and Lions
He was born in Port Elizabeth and represented Eastern Province at the 2007 Under 18 Craven Week. He then joined the Golden Lions, making his debut for the team in the 2009 Vodacom Cup, which resulted in him being called up to the South Africa national under-20 rugby union team for the 2009 IRB Junior World Championship.
In 2010, he represented both UJ in the Varsity Cup and Golden Lions in the 2010 Vodacom Cup, culminating a call-up to the Lions Super Rugby team, representing them in their final Super Rugby game of the season against the Cheetahs. He then played for the Golden Lions in the 2010 Currie Cup Premier Division
In 2012, he moved to the Eastern Province Kings. He made seven appearances for them in the 2012 Vodacom Cup competition, as well as one against a South African Students side. He started all fourteen matches in the 2012 Currie Cup First Division season, as well as both matches in the promotion/relegation matches against the Free State Cheetahs.
He was named in the Kings squad for the 2013 Super Rugby season. He made his debut in the Kings' historic first ever match against the Force, helping them to a 22–10 victory. He played in all sixteen matches during the season (being one of only three players to do so, Bandise Maku and Shaun Venter being the other two), as well as both the 2013 Super Rugby promotion/relegation matches against the Lions, making a total of thirteen starts and five substitute appearances.
He was a member of the S.A. Under-20 team that played at the 2009 IRB Junior World Championship. He was named in a South African Barbarians (South) team that faced England during the 2012 mid-year rugby test series.
- "Player Profile David Bulbring". sarugby.net. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "2009 IRB Junior World Championships Semi-Finals". irb.com. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "Match Breakdown: Vodacom Cheetahs vs Auto & General Lions". South African Rugby Union. 15 May 2010. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "Bulbring roars with Lions". varsitycup.co.za. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "EP Kings team to play SA Students". Eastern Province Kings. 18 June 2012. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "2013 Southern Kings Super Rugby season". South African Rugby Union. Retrieved 9 August 2013.
- "Match Breakdown: Southern Kings vs Force". South African Rugby Union. 25 February 2013. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Bulls confirm Kings 'clean out'". Rugby365. 8 August 2013. Retrieved 9 August 2013.