|Genres||Alternative rock, electronic rock, experimental rock|
|Years active||2006- present|
|Labels||Cool Green Recordings (Part of Mascot Label Group)|
Jop van Summeren
Tim van Delft
De Staat were started as a one man project by lead singer, Torre Florim, who later brought the band together. Their first demo was recorded in Florim's apartment in 2007. Whilst still unsigned, the one man project grew to a full grown band, due to their well-received live performances in the Netherlands.
In 2008, the band were the support act for popular Belgium band dEUS. De Staat were signed by Excelsior Recordings later that year. They released their debut album Wait for Evolution in January 2009. All the songs on this album were written and produced by Torre Florim. He wrote the album as a graduating project for a "Music Production" course. During this time, front man Florim also produced the debut EP of Go Back To The Zoo, another band from Nijmegen.
The band released a live performance of their performance at Lowlands 2009. During this performance, they were spotted by Chris Goss. Goss, music producer and front man of Masters of Reality introduced them to Mascot Records. Mascot re-released Wait for Evolution internationally in the spring of 2010. After their international debut, the band toured extensively, including performances on the Reeperbahn Festival and Glastonbury Festival in 2010.
Their second album Machinery was released internationally in 2011.
The band's third album I_CON was released on 16 September 2013. It was recorded mostly in France. Torre Florim mixed it himself in Nashville, together with Vance Powell, who worked with Jack White and The Raconteurs earlier.
- Torre Florim - lead vocals, rhythm guitar, percussion
- Vedran Mircetic - lead guitar
- Jop van Summeren - bass guitar, synthesizer, backing vocals
- Rocco Bell - keys, synthesizer, percussion, rhythm guitar, vocals
- Tim van Delft - drums
- Live XS magazine - Best Album of 2009
- 3VOOR12 Award 2009 - Best Album in the Netherlands
- "Duiveltje" - Best vocalist 2009
- 3FM Award 2011 - Best Alternative Act
- 3FM Award 2012 - Best Alternative Act
- Edison Award 2014 - Best Rock Album 
- Edison Award 2010 - Best Album
- Edison Award 2011 - Best Group
- Edison Award 2011 - Best Song 
- Wait for Evolution (9 January 2009)
- Machinery (4 March 2011)
- I_Con (16 September 2013)
- Wait For Evolution (2009)
- Habibi (2009)
- The Fantastic Journey Of The Underground Man (2009)
- Sweatshop (2011)
- Ah, I see (2011)
- I’ll Never Marry You (2011)
- Firestarter (2012)
- Make Way For The Passenger (2013)
- Down Town (2013)
- Live @ Lowlands 2009 (2009)
- Stevens, Richard (1 June 2010). "De Staat are the discovery of Bristol's Dot to Dot festival". EFestivals.
- "De Staat". EFestivals.
- "Edison Pop 2014". 1 April 2014.
- "Bekendmaking Alle Nominaties Edison Pop". 19 September 2011.
|This article about a Dutch band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|