June 2, 1988 |
|Height||6 ft 1 in (185 cm)|
|Weight||181 lb (82 kg; 12 st 13 lb)|
|NHL Draft||24th overall, 2006
Persson was drafted by the Buffalo Sabres in the first round, 24th overall, in the 2006 NHL Entry Draft. After two seasons in the then Elitserien with Djurgårdens IF he was signed to a three-year entry-level deal with the Buffalo Sabres on June 3, 2008. He was then loaned to fellow Elitserien club, Timrå IK for the following 2008–09 season, before joining the Sabres American Hockey League affiliate, the Portland Pirates at the conclusion of the Swedish year.
Over the course of his contract with the Sabres, Persson was assigned directly to the AHL in each of his three-years. Persson returned to his native Sweden after the Sabres declined to extend his contract, signing with Brynäs IF for two seasons before moving to his fourth SHL club, Modo Hockey on an optional two-year deal on May 5, 2014.
Regular season and playoffs
|2005–06||VIK Västerås HK||Allsv||19||0||2||2||6||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Rochester Amerks regain T.J. Brennan and David Leggio". Democrat and Chronicle. 2012-02-23. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "Dennis Persson ready for Modo Hockey" (in Swedish). Modo Hockey. 2014-05-05. Retrieved 2014-05-05.
- Dennis Persson's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Dennis Persson's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Dennis Persson profile at Eurohockey.com
|Buffalo Sabres first round draft pick
|This biographical article relating to a Swedish ice hockey defenceman is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|