Different Strokes (film)
|Directed by||Michael Paul Girard|
|Produced by||Robert Giordano|
|Written by||Michael Paul Girard|
|Cinematography||Gerald M. Williams|
|Edited by||H. Kim|
|Distributed by||Coastline Films|
|Running time||88 min
75 min (Edited version)
Different Strokes (also titled Different Strokes: The Story of Jack and Jill...and Jill) is a 1997 erotic drama film about a love triangle involving a young couple and another woman. Written and directed by Michael Paul Girard, the film stars Dana Plato, Landon Hall, and Bentley Mitchum. The films title exploits Plato's fame from the TV series, Diff'rent Strokes. It was Plato's first film appearance since 1992, and would be her second to last film before her death in 1999.
Nathan Rabin gave the film a harsh review, stating "The shamelessly titled Different Strokes (...) lacks anything resembling even community-theater-level acting", concluding the film "is notable mainly for its aggressive lack of shame. From its title to its threadbare plot to its community-access-level production values, the film reeks of crass exploitation."
- "Different Strokes: The Story of Jack & Jill... and Jill (1997)". The New York Times. Retrieved February 6, 2014.
- Rabin, Nathan (May 31, 2002). "Different Strokes". avclub.com. Retrieved February 6, 2014.
- Different Strokes at the Internet Movie Database
- Different Strokes at AllMovie
- Different Strokes at Rotten Tomatoes
|This article about a romantic drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an erotic film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|