Disk Drill Basic
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (March 2012)|
|Operating system||Mac OS X|
Disk Drill Basic is a freeware version of Disk Drill, data recovery application for Mac OS X, developed by CleverFiles. Disk Drill Basic was introduced in 2010 and was primarily designed to recover deleted or lost files from hard disk drives, USB flash drives and SSD drives with the help of Recovery Vault technology.
The core of Disk Drill Basic is a Recovery Vault technology which allows to recover data from a media that was secured by Recovery Vault beforehand. Recovery Vault runs as a background service and remembers all metadata and properties of the deleted data. Thus making it possible to restore deleted files with their original file names and location.
Supported file systems
Disk Drill Basic provides recovery from HFS/HFS+ and FAT disks/partitions.
|Version||Platform||Release date||Notes and significant changes|
|1.0.47 Beta||Macintosh||September 2010||
|1.0.52 Beta||Macintosh||September 2010||
|2.0 ||Macintosh||May 2013||
- Derek Schauland (2011-02-08). "Cleverfiles Disk Drill file recovery for the Mac".
- Cody Fink (2010-12-15). "Disk Drill Is An Amazingly Simple Recovery App For HDDs".
- "Disk Drill 1.0.52 Beta – first public release". 2010-09-29.
- "Why is Recovery Vault important?". 2010-09-12.
- Steven Sande (2011-05-08). "Disk Drill protects your Mac disks, recovers files". http://www.tuaw.com.
- Simon Slangen (2010-09-10). "Disk Drill: Easily Protect and Recover Your Hard Drive Data".
- "Protect Your Mac Data And Recover Lost Data With Disk Drill". 2012-04-23.
- by Erica Sadun (2013-05-23). "Disk Drill file recovery app moves to 2.0 release".