|Birth name||Андрей Вячеславович Лысиков|
|Also known as||Dolphin, Дельфин|
|Born||September 29, 1971|
|Genres||Hip hop, Alternative hip hop, Alternative rock, Experimental music, Post-punk, Nu Gaze|
|Labels||Cream Records, Universal Records|
Andrey Vyacheslavovich Lysikov (born September 29, 1971, Moscow) is a Russian poet and musician, known by his stage name Dolphin (or Дельфин). He won the award of best artist at the 2004 MTV Russian Music Awards. He also played at the Live 8 Russia concert.
Dolphin is the star of Russian alternative music culture. The sales of his albums have reached over hundreds of thousands of copies all over the country. Thousands of people know his lyrics by heart, and for the most of them his art became the philosophy of their life… Dolphin.
Dolphin's musical career started in 1992 when he joined the infamous Russian boy's band of the 90's - "Malchyshnik" ("Bachelor Party"). It was at that moment that he realized it was time to stop selling "matreshkas" and breakdancing at Arbat street and actually try to achieve something in the music business. Quickly, he became the obvious leader and author of practically all lyrics.
Dolphin's appearance in "Malchyshnik" immediately changed the band's image and turned the boy's band creation into a brand new project, whose main idea was to shock the public. Everything about "Malchyshnik" - their lyrics, behavior at concerts, the image of the guys - all was about epatage. The band's biggest hit single was Dolphin's song "Sex Non Stop" (the very name of the song was absolutely unacceptable to the post-Soviet pop music of that time).
In 1993, still being in "Malchyshnik", Dolphin started recording his solo tracks, feeling a need for creating something different. Since 1996, when "Malchyshnik" split up, Dolphin continued to produce album after album, striking his fans and music critics with shrill and frank lyrics and powerful sound. During his musical career Dolphin released 13 albums.
Dolphin's incredible live performances earned him the love, respect, and acknowledgement of tens of thousands of people, which attend his concerts each year.
He became a cult person and an idol of a whole generation, but at the same time he stands aside from Russia's rock and pop so-called "elite". He was never estimated as any musical type with the generally used term. Though, conditionally, he describes his style as: poetry reading, with an edge - to an electronic/rock beat.
A unique and remarkable poet, Dolphin is respected by professional writers, and the National Russian Writers' Union acknowledges him as one of the most outstanding modern poets. The sincerity of his creativity never leaves anyone indifferent. In the year 2000 Dolphin was awarded one of the most prestigious Russian awards - "Triumph" - for his contribution to the national music culture.
In 2002 he signed his contract with Universal Music Russia. His last album "Zvezda" ("The Star") has been released 21.03.2004.One of the album's tracks, "Glaza" ("Eyes") was written and produced by Dolphin together with Stella Katsoudos, a well known after her collaborations with Peter Gabriel, Trent Reznor, and Ministry.
Launch-Party for the album "Zvezda" - a big concert in the Moscow Estrada Theater - became a really memorable event of the spring season in Moscow.
The singles from the album, "Vesna" ("Spring") and "Romans" ("Love song") were at the top of Russian radio charts for over 20 weeks! They brought Dolphin to a new stage of popularity and a new wave of recognition throughout the country.
Мальчишник (or Malchishnik) was hip-hop/dance/pop from 1995 till 1997.
Releases with Dolphin
- Поговорим о Сексе, (Pogovorim o Sekse/Let's Talk about Sex), (1991)
- Мисс Большая Грудь, (Miss Bolshaya Grud/Miss Big Breast), (1992)
- Кегли, (Kegli/Skittles), (1995)
- Концерт в Риге (live), (Kontsert v Rige/Live in Riga), (1991)
- Stop Killing Dolphins, (1992)
- Синяя лирика №2, (Sinyaya Lirika №2/Blue Lyric №2), (1993)
Мишины Дельфины/Mishiny Delfiny
Mishiny Delfiny (or Мишины Дельфины) was side-project of Andrey Lysikov (Dolphin) and Mikhail Voinov ("Дубовый Гаайъ" member) from 1995 till 1997. Just one album was released.
- Игрушки, (Igrushki/Toys), (1997)
|This section is empty. You can help by adding to it. (March 2010)|
- Не в фокусе, (Ne v fokuse/Out of focus), (1997)
- Глубина резкости, (Glubina rezkosti/Depth of field), (1998)
- Плавники, (Plavniki/Flippers), (2000, recorded in 1998)
- Ткани, (Tkani/Tissues), (2001)
- Звезда, (Zvezda/Star), (2004) - SIM Records
- Юность, (Yunost/Youth), (2007)
- Существо, (Sushchestvo/Creature), (2011)
- Серый Альбом (unreleased), (Seryi Albom/Grey Album), (1998)
- Я буду жить (live), (Ya budu zhit/I shall live), (2000)
- Любимые песни фанатов Дельфина (Compilation), (Favourite songs of the Dolphin's fans), (2002)
- Глаза (single), (Glaza/Eyes), (2003) - Universal
- Запись концерта 19.11.04 (live), (Record of the concert 11.19.04), (2004) - SIM Records
- Туннель (unreleased yet), (Tunnel), (2010-?)
- Даже не думай ("Dazhe ne dumay"), (2002)
- Даже не думай 2: Тень независимости("Dazhe ne dumay 2: Ten' Nezavisimosti"), (2004)
- Grand Theft Auto IV Song "Рэп" (Rap), (2008)